To Face a Traitor

Chapter 27

Irish POV

Things went well that very day,our travel were shortened for we take the other route that Marynel instructed us to go to.She is a good navigator knowing the land so well for she dwells in it for so long,her entire life.For we lack in counts of horse Marynel drove the horse with Dave as I rode my horse with Knight.We travel to the scorching dessert of Velius wilderness to a rocky terrain of Ortisians.Onward we continue our travel,few more hours and we will soon set foot at the Aelvens Palace territory.

One more village to cross and we are almost there,Marynel uttered pointing her index finger to a not so far away village.

We should have our stop over in that village then tomorrow we will resume our travel.We need our strength to be at its best,just in case Tristan gave us a rough welcome. Knight said waving his hands signaling the group to head to the village.

When we reach the village Marynel with Dave assisting her to walk, told us to follow her.She walk us to a far corner of the village,into the woods and there we found ourselves staring at a beautiful old house surrounded with different flowering plants.

Wow!.....Its beautiful,I uttered fascinated with its beauty,walking my way from flower to flower to inhale its sweet fragrant.Cupping each flower in my hands to take a closer look on it,tilting it from side to side.

Marynel let out a soft giggles as she took in the sight of me hovering from all the flowers.

It seems that the princess love's flower that much.You can pick as many as you want your grace.She said gesturing me to pluck it up.Then she walk past me to head in the entrance,stopping at the door facing all of us.

My mother owns this house, she gave it to me when I was still a child.My father no not of this place,so I brought you here to be safe.My mother and I use to stay here when ever she want to spend some time alone.We are the only two person who know this place.We can stay here for tonight.The whole surrounding of this place were protected. I put on a ward so that no one can enter here,unless I allow them to do so.Please do come in,she said smiling to all of us gesturing us all to enter.

The night was very calm I fall into a deep sleep as soon as my back touches the bed.

At the Aelvens Palace.......

As we woke up in the morning no time is wasted.After we finish stuffing ourselves with good food that is prepared by some of the soldiers.We set our foot on the way to the Aelvens Palace riding horses in it's full speed galloping leaving a deep Hove's mark along the trials.

We are now at the feet of the gates,as we neared the doors of the castle I clutch on my chest for I can't explain what emotion I have to convey as I soon will come face to face with my fathers betrayer.Scalding fury is fueling my energy all of a sudden I felt my body defusing a luminous red flaires making everyone flinch aside from Knight.It resembles the burning rage that I felt for the man I soon have to face.Then I felt a hand on top of my shoulder.As I tilt my head to see who it is.I saw Marynel gaving me an understanding nod with tears freely flowing from her eyes.As I saw her crying,I felt ashamed of my act I lowered my head staring at the cobble floor not uttering a word, shaking my head.How could I not consider her feeling about this?I ask my self.

Are you alright?you don't have to do this if you don't want to.Knight said concerned of my sudden silence.Holding me in both shoulder he touch my chin and pull it up so I could see him.

Yes...I can...I have to,I said stammering for the sudden burst of different emotion that is coursing through me.I need to do this not just for me but for my people.I uttered heaving a deep sigh to gather my strength back.I stood straight and ask them all to stay out of this.I have to do this all alone I'll deal with him .Pushing the door open not bothering to knock first.I pave my way inside the Castle.There I saw sitted in my fathers throne the man of atrocious deed.Sitted carelessly indulging himself with a cup of wine.

As I walk I held my head up high defiantly gazing at him void of emotion.

"Ah what a pleasant surprise at last I finally laid my eyes on you Princess."Barging in my kingdom with no invitation is quite displeasing manners for a royal like you.Tristan told me as he rose from his so called throne,walking around me not failing his gaze eyeing me with malice a chalice in his hand.He took a swig of its content and throwing it after with no care as it fall to the ground it shuttered, debris scattered on a marvel floor.

I don't need to ask,this is my Kingdom Tristan and you shall return it to me.I glared at this urging him to provoke my temper from raising.

He smiled at me menacingly then he flick his finger to the stone statue causing it to levitated and he swung it in my direction trying to catch me by surprise.But he failed as I raise my hands in the air clutching it close.The stone statue turns in to ash as it landed in the ground.

Such a great power!I'm impressed,your no weak as I thought you should be,He said smirking evilly mocking me

"Oh believe me,its my pleasure to prove you wrong.You are no King to me!,.....surrender my Kingdom back and I'll consider to spare your life.I uttered filled with venom,throwing a death glare towards him.

And if I don't?Tristan counter as if he is not bothered by my threat trying to make me loose my grip.

There he has is! I finally loose my temper as a slummed my hand in the ground vines after vines creep out of the broken marvel floor earth shook as I connect my hands to it.The vines went to his direction taking him by surprise.It clung to his body immobilizing him,he look fazed at the sudden assult that caught him by surprise that he did not have a time to dodge it.

Don't let me loose the remaining thread of my patience!
Tristan you will never like it, when I let loose all the power that I wield.I point my finger at him my gold eyes is glowing as I glared at him.

Oh!!! So scared....... I should try that can I princess?He said in a mock tone.

I will only gave you three days to decide you worthless coward.Let a dove land on Titus Palace as a sign of your submission.Or send me a crow and I will wage war.....War that I will make sure that will be the end of you and your dear friend Darius.I uttered every word filled with rage but I maintain my calm facade.Smirking at him then I bade the vines to grow thorns that pierces in every part of his body toring his flesh leaving it bloodied.I heard him groan as he felt the pain of the torns impelling to his body.

Aw.....does it hurt! that's not the end of it yet defy me and you'll suffer more than that.I told him as I let out a satisfied laugh,seeing him gasp and groan in pain.

That's enough!Knight said grabbing me by the arms and pulling me away from Tristan.

Let go of me!I swatted his hand as I trip failing to balance my self.With quick reflex Knight catch me by the waist and help me up.

You don't have to do that, its not you Irish don't let your self be consume with so much rage.It will turn your self into a monster like Tristan,you were a good person with tender heart love...... please don't be this way.Knight uttered pained as he cupped my face trying to make me look at him to calm me down.

He hugged me so tight that I almost loose my breath.Tears fell down on my eyes.As much as I want to end Tristan's life this very instance.I realize that I can't do it.When I tried to hurt him back there,as I see him it pained me too.I can't take away his life no matter how much hate I felt for him,for I value life so much to let it waste.But if the situation calls for it no matter how hard it will be I'll do it if the time comes. But for now we need to get away in here fast before I make things a lot more worst.