Chapter 30

"We're here."

"Hmmm, I was expecting more..." Jesslia smiled, acting as if the glade of trees before her was all that was to the island off the mainland. Lucion pushed the former playfully, before clearing his throat, turning into a butler by bending his waist about forty-five degrees forward and led the girl into the woods, following along a nicely decorated but simple path.

Surrounding the couple as they walked down the path, were countless varieties of flora and fauna and the girl gasped at the gorgeous sight before her. But before she could slow down to observe the scenery around her, Jesslia was unfortunately pulled away by Lucion, towards what seemed like the end of the decorated path.

Lucion pulled the girl next to him, nudging the latter with his elbow, "Was this what you were expecting, my lady?"

"I-" Jesslia was speechless by the new view presented in front of her. The boy next to her chuckled softly, pulling the girl once more towards an exquisite looking single storey building made of wood.

The view was amazing, to be honest. The house was built right around nature, and right in front of the wooden house was a natural waterfall, the water falling at a perfect angle that glistened the entrance of the house. Butterflies went on with their lives, hovering here and there; the birds too, chirps belong to them could be heard resonating in the woods; the other animals too, as rabbits and squirrels rushed around. Now on to the house, which was another piece of art itself. The building, unlike the mansion-like houses they had back home, served its purpose of a vacation getaway. Nature around it was highlighted with wood as its main building material, windows were the usual glass that was slightly tinted to prevent the reflections from affecting the animals.

Jesslia could not tell how big the building was, but there was one portion that caught her attention when she first stepped foot into the house. Her eyes sparkled as she circled the lone tree which the front room was built around, her eyes moved upwards together with the tree whose branches and leaves were already overarching the roof. She turned to the boy accompanying her, the latter was smiling at her. Lucion stepped forward, his hands already on the luggage placed by the side of the shoe racks, "Come on, that's not all."

The girl followed behind the boy eagerly, wanting to the quickly explore the house whose front room was already so interesting. And of course, the girl was not disappointed as the two weaved through the various rooms of the house. Lucion had given Jesslia a quick tour around the surprisingly huge house, before showing the girl to the room she would be staying in for the next few days so the girl could unpack and hopefully rest for a while.

Jesslia collapsed on the bed, she had unpacked her clothes and belongings in the nicely decorated room earlier, most of the furnitures made of wood, aligning with the theme of the rest of the house. She was a little exhausted and overwhelmed at the same time. Although her family was one of the elite families around, they did not think of owning a personal island for getaways like the Creas since they do own a huge line of hotel all around the world. She was slightly surprised when Lucion suggested coming to the Creas' private island for their short runaway from practice. But one way or another, she was glad they had decided to come here instead of somewhere else, although their parents would probably send someone to monitor them.

Being the clever girl she was, the four parents' intentions could not escape Jesslia's eyes, though she did not know if Lucion had noticed it as well. It was kinda awkward when she first realised, especially when her relationship with Lucion was so close, and neither could she ignore the small happiness she felt, knowing her parents' agreement to the two of them. But that thought was brushed away quickly, the girl scolding herself since the two had nothing in between them, yet. Before that happens, Jesslia reminded herself for the nth time, she would not hope for anything.