Chapter 28

"The water is tempting..." A short comment came from Lucion, after a good five minutes of silence from the two. A pair of eyes landed on Lucion, and he looked at the owner of those eyes. Those eyes were twinkling so brightly, the boy was having trouble pulling his own from them, but before he could react, the pair of eyes disappeared and a loud thud was heard.

Lucion did not want to admit though, that at that moment, he panicked for a second. That panic lasted for seconds when Jesslia called to him from behind one of the doors of two small cabins that looked like a changing room cum shower present at the side of the pool. "Come and change! I think you can borrow Yun's swimming trunks!" And Lucion sighed in relief, knowing that the girl had not abandoned him into some mysterious corner of the house that only she knows.

The boy moved into the cabin whose door was decorated with moustache drawings, where he successfully found Yun's name labelled on a drawer by the changing corner. He quickly changed, not wanting the girl to wait for him since the girl did start changing before him after all. Luckily, he was the first to come out, the fact stating that girls take forever in the washroom dawning upon him, and Lucion sat back on the pool chair he was relaxing on just now.

"Just how are you faster than me?" Jesslia gasped the moment she stepped out of the girls' cabin, "Didn't I went in earlier than you?" Lucion laughed, reminding the girl of the fact he remembered just minutes ago, "Well, there is the saying that girls take forever in the washroom."

"Hey! I'm insulted!" Jesslia pouted as she went on to pull out a bunch of sponges in all shapes and sizes, as well as water toys that included water guns of all sorts from a large cabinet next to the two changing cabins. Lucion, knowing what Jesslia's reason for taking them, moved next to the girl and helped transport the sponges and toys in the pool by throwing those that could float into the pool and those that could not next to the edge of the pool.

He jumped into the pool first, soaking his whole body in the cooling water before emerging from the water, extending one hand towards Jesslia who was now standing by the pool. The girl smiled, her brown orbs taking in the view before her, "Is there any sports you're not good at?"

"Nope," It was Lucion's turn to smile, "But I can't do arts like you can do sports." Jesslia giggled at the cheesy and lame line, though she accepted the boy's hand nevertheless. The boy pulled the girl playfully, causing the girl to fall in the pool in mere seconds.

Jesslia surfaced to get a breather, hitting the boy with all of the strength she could muster as a form of punishment for doing what he did. What Lucion did was not nice, but it was fun, especially when Lucion started to paddle away in the water to avoid getting hit by the former. Jesslia chased after the boy in the best speed she could move in the water, "Hey! Get back here!"

"No! I'll be a fool to stay still!" Lucion retorted, showing his tongue to the girl, moving further away from the latter.

Jesslia took her stand immediately, to which Lucion was rendered speechless, "Aren't you a fool?"

Laughter filled the pool immediately, as the game between the two turned into a full blown one when Lucion noticed the water guns sitting next to the edge where he had left them.