Chapter 29

Weeks had passed since the afternoon where Jesslia and Lucion had fun in the waters, and when Yun and Boa had confirmed their relationship. After slamming the door in her brother's face, Jesslia dialed her parents straight away, informing the older couple about the latest news, to which the two rushed home as soon as they could, throwing everything they had on hand away.

It was unexpected of course, they had always thought that their younger child would be the first to get into a relationship, but before that could happen, their older child had found himself a girl - one whose parents they heard of since Boa did belong to another renowned family. The topic of Boa's family was a sensitive one, concerning to the politics of the country and Marcus and Alle were cautious not to bring up any topic that might relate to that when they met the former after rushing back home.

The group had discussed about heading to the ice rink so that Jesslia and Lucion could practice like how they had intended to do earlier in the day and were ready to leave, only to have Jesslia whine about every single thing she had not done. It was a way to pass time really, after all, Jesslia was the only one who knew her parents were coming back. Until then, Jesslia racked her brains with every idea she could, with Lucion joining her towards the end when the latter realised what was going on. This then resulted in the image of Marcus and Alle walking into the living room, catching their annoyed son dragging their daughter and Lucion towards the house's entrance.

The start of the meeting between the Marins and the group did not went exactly as planned, but the rest of it went pretty much well, with the whole group teasing the new couple and the to-be couple without limit. And the rest of the group could not remember the last time they had this much fun with people old enough to be their parents, the night went on with much laughters and jokes, with Immlia ended up making friends with Alle, which was not really a good idea. But then again, this would only dawn on the rest of the group much later.

Back to the present, it was a fews days away the supposed competition between Natalye, Quince and Jesslia, Lucion.

Well, there might be people thinking that the two couples will be using every second they had to practice, since it will not be that easy to excel in figure skating, not to mention winning a competition on it. On top of that, it seemed to everyone that the couples were spending all the time they had in the rink, especially Jesslia and Lucion, who had been absent from usual classes for about a month and had only made their appearance in front of their school mates during the semester examinations. And as usual, the two "geniuses" scored in every paper they took respectively, emerging as the top students of the different faculties the two were in separately with Yun, Immlia and Jae catching up behind Lucion in the Sports while Boa was right behind Jesslia in the Arts.

The results this time, though expected, were met with unexpected reactions from before, peculiarly when the student body now respects Jesslia to the point that she was treated like another god - no, in Jesslia's case, she was treated like a goddess. It was a complete contrast from the despises and insults she got from her fellow school mates before her brother has returned, before everything was thrown off the path, before she actually met Lucion.

Another unexpected reaction came from the exchange students. The group had foolishly thought they would too the school, but of course, whenever you feel that life is great, someone would be thrown into your life to ruin everything you believed before, and they had felt it from Lucion and Jesslia. The two had almost, if not, full marks in the papers they took, which was quite defying since the papers were not simple at all. This blow to the group had resulted in everyone forcing and supervising Quince and Natalye in their practices, they were too egoistic and proud to accept another defeat after all.