Chapter 2

“Come home early.” His mom’s monotonous voice trailed into his ear through the phone, “We have a dinner later with a partner’s family.” Lucion hummed in response, already used to the way his mother had spoke to him. The call ended straight after his response, and straight away, Chan, one of his supposedly ‘good’ friends, asked, “Not coming for practice today?”

He shook his head, telling his team mates about the dinner and his expected earlier return so he would not seem rude to the guest.

“Well, it’s not like you need the practice anyway. You’re already so good.” Nathan, one of his team mates on the school’s soccer team, commented absentmindedly, receiving murmurs of agreements from the rest of the team, as well as from the cheerleading team. Lucion only smiled silently, burrowing his head into his food, ending the conversation right there. The others quieten down, having realised the awkwardness lingering in the air.

“Hey! I heard there’s going to be a transfer student that is going to be in both faculties!” A shadow zoomed passed the table, slamming both his hands down on the table top, shouting at the top of his voice. And that, got the whole table talking again.

“What do you mean by a transfer student being in both faculties?”

“I heard it exactly that way!”

“But it had never happened before!!”

“Do you mean that this is an exception for that student?!”

“Where did you hear it from?”

“Is it a boy or a girl?”

“Did any Art student talk about it yet?”

“Woah, that person must be good to make an exception in the school.”

Questions bombed the newly arrived boy and Lucion was left off the hook for now. He continued eating, absentmindedly listening to the conversations around him. But the news of the transfer student did got him interested. It had after all, been awhile since Soran High had actually admitted a student halfway through the term.

Just as he was done with his meal and was about to return his tray, a song, his favourite song thanks to his best friend whom he have not seen in a very long time, played from his phone. A message popped up. Blinking again, to check if he had not seen the screen wrongly, Lucion was shocked, yet happy at the same time due to the name written on the screen.

‘I’M BACK. I’LL SEE YOU IN ABOUT.. 5 MINUTES :D’

Lucion immediately turned his head around, trying to look for the same person that had messaged him. Only to realise that he might not recognise the boy since the last time he had seen the other was ten years back. He himself, to admit, had changed quite a bit especially after his puberty years and of course his best friend would too.

“Is there anything wrong, Lucion?” a teammate of his noticed his abnormal behaviour, the question catching everyone else’s attention and before he knew it, all eyes in the cafeteria was on him. Lucion scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, though even this action of his were earning squeals from the girls, “Nope, I er… I was just...”

All heads turn to the door, looking at who was so daring to cut the most popular student in both the Sports and the Arts faculty in Soran High in the middle of his speech. A poker-faced girl, hair split into a centre-parting, doned with a huge pair of nerd spectacles, a plain white t-shirt, a classic pair of jeans and a pair of dark blue converse shoes appeared within the opened door, and the Sports students started to laugh rudely at the girl.

What came afterwards though, stopped the laughter immediately. Behind the girl was a boy with features that could take breathes away, dressed in the best way anyone could imagine a male dressed in casual clothes, and the way he carried himself, it was so confident and so close to Lucion’s. No one could defeat Lucion after all, he was the best in everything he did, every way he could and just when the crowd started shifting their attention back to their best boy, their eyes almost left their sockets as they saw Lucion standing up and hugging the stranger in the most passionate they had ever seen.

“Yun!”

“Dude! I’ve missed you!” and Lucion was caught in a bear hug by his best friend.

“You said you were going to be back in five years! Its been a freaking ten!” Lucion slapped his best friend on his shoulder, escaping the cage from his friend. The stranger, or Yun paused for a while before opening his mouth to reply, to be cut off by a short cough escaping from the side.

"I can leave now right?" A girl asked Yun, her face as emotionless as usual. Yun smirked, his hand moving up to ruffle the former's hair as he nodded. The girl pushed away the boy's hand, glaring at him before she took off, heading back to the building where she felt more at ease.

Yun chuckled out loud, dragging Lucion back into the cafeteria, where everyone had their eyes placed on the duo. "Now, where were you sitting?"

"Wait, why are you here?" Lucion paused slightly, pushing his best friend away, trying to find out the exact reason for the boy's sudden appearance. Yun pouted slightly, only replying after minutes of hesitation, "Well erm, I sorta transferred here-"

"Wait, you're the transfer student in both Arts and Sports faculty?!"

"-Er yeah, let me finish dude. The reason why I'm here is still a secret, yes, even to you my best friend, but you'll find out soon." Yun grinned and Lucion slapped the former on his shoulder for the nth time that day.

The two best friends then shared eye contact, breaking into smiles that the faculty had never seen before.

Author's Note: OHO KIWI IS HERE~ XD Well this chapter shows more of Lucion, but I swear that Jesslia comes in in the next chappieee~~ SO BEAR WITH ITTTT....

I'll try to write more during the week, but then theres all the stupid school stuff.. oh how I wish school was up to one's choice, where you can choose what to study, what to do, when to study and everything~~ *fades away thinking about my ideal school life*