Chapter 20

Mashed pudding was how Jesslia would describe her mental state to be. Everything that had happened after stopping her brother in his rage was a blur to her, all she registered in her head was that there was a warm and familiar hand was grabbing hers. By the time her head had stopped spinning, she was already sitting on a sofa, with all three of her friends cum brother staring at her.

She looked around, surprised to see a perfectly decorated garden around her. The garden was screaming cozy and was the type that Jesslia would have loved if she was able to decorate her own garden. Unfortunately, her house belonged to her parents and her mother was the one making decisions, not her. She stood up, wanting to look around the garden in more detail when she realised they were on the school roof. She looked back to her friends in curiosity, where Lucion rubbed the back of his neck shyly as Immlia pulled her good friend back to where she was sitting before, "Lucion's the owner of this place!"

"But isn't this still in school?" Jesslia was confused at Immlia's choice of words, to which Immlia nodded, explaining that she did not use the wrong words, "I'm right okay? Lucion did buy this space from the school, he's the only one who can come in! And he bought and did everything here, so yeah, he owns this place!"

Jesslia nodded, her lips automatically twitching upwards as she looked at Lucion. The boy just surprises her everyday. Everything about him was unexpected - from how he could so nicely decorate the garden, to how he likes figure-skating and music. They had so many in common, a complete opposite from... She shook her head, trying to stop herself from remembering the boy that had cheated everything out of her - her friendship, her feelings, and her naivety, and her smile dropped slightly.

Lucion, who was staring at the girl, noticed the sudden change in the girl's mood, "What's wrong?"

Yun, who had been silent, suddenly burst out, his voice full with anger, "Those two... I thought they weren't supposed to come back, who the heck let them? God, I swore to never let Jessi see those two again! I'm going to kill them!" and he pulled out his mobile phone, "Hello? Mother? I'm in school right now and-"

"Mummy? Everything's fine... you know there are days where Yun go a little weird? Yeah.. Go do your work, bye bye!" Jesslia snatched the phone over and quickly ended the conversation with her mother. She glared slightly at her brother, pulling the standing Yun down next to her. She sighed softly, having noticed Lucion and Immlia's confused faces, "I'm fine Yun, don't tell Daddy and Mummy."

"Lucion, do you remember the story I told you before?" Lucion nodded, and Jesslia continued, her voice getting softer with each word, "Those two people from in the hall, that Natalye and Quince, they are the so-called bestfriend and boyfriend of the girl."

"What?!" Both Lucion and Immlia shouted at the same time.

"Well, I never thought I'd be seeing them again..." Jesslia added, trying to lift the uncomfortable atmosphere lingering on the roof, though it did the opposite effect, with Yun standing up once more, "That's it. I'm going to kill them."

"Stop." Jesslia shot daggers to her brother with her eyes, "I said I'm fine. Besides, " she sighed again, "it's a chance for me to face the problem, instead of running away from it. And why should I let them get to me? So, just chill Yun. I'm fine."

Yun turned to his sister with red eyes, "But..."

"No buts. Just relax and don't treat them like they mean anything to you, really. But if you really cannot forget about it, then just remember that doing better than your enemy is the best revenge you can ever give them." Jesslia smiled softly.

Immlia nodded crazily at the side, agreeing with Jesslia as she comforted her angry cousin. Having grown up with Lucion, she knew when he was angry, of which he was now, and the complications of an angry Lucion. No one would like an angry Lucion, not even her. But of course, only her family had seen the boy angry, especially when his limit to withstanding bullshits was reaching. The result was that no one dared to push the boy so much anymore, so in a way, she was lucky. Her family had stopped pushing the children over their limits after witnessing a raging Lucion, that was how scary it was.