Chapter 25

Author's Note: YES IM BACK~~ MY EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER :P Now enjoy~~

-The night before-

"Here, ladies first." Lucion joked slightly, pulling a chair out for Jesslia at the same time.The boy sat down on his chair which was on the other side of the table, only after he was sure Jesslia was comfortable on her seat. His hands moved towards the menu placed by the side of the table, passing a copy to the girl opposite of him, and the two remained in silence, scanning through every item on the beautifully decorated menu.

Lucion watched as Jesslia's eyes sparkled, only to dull and then sparkle again. Every one of the girl's movements was affecting the boy without him knowing - his lips tugging upwards when the girl was happy, his eyebrows furrowing together when the girl was not. The boy had spent every second staring at the girl instead of reading the menu, and before he knew it, the girl looked up, her curls moving around her slender neck.

"Are you ready to order?"Jesslia's soft voice trailed into his ears, reminding the boy that it was not a time for daydream, and the boy quickly snapped back into reality. He nodded, planning to randomly choose something from the menu to make do, but things do not exactly go with one's plans. Jesslia went on, asking, "What are you ordering?"

"I'm gonna get this and this potato salad," the girl continued, leaning nearer towards Lucion, her body turned slightly towards the menu, her finger pointing to the items she was planning to get. Lucion could not help but stare at the girl, his fingers moving up automatically to comb a bunch of fallen strands of ambre, pushing them behind the girl's ear before his finger chanced on a pasta dish on the menu.

Jesslia felt heat rushing to her cheeks at the boy's intimate gesture, her head bobbing up and down instinctively. Her head continued to buzz, only noticing that the boy had left the table to order their dinner at the counter right in front of the cafe. She was a little confused, not understanding the reason why her heart had beat so fast whenever the boy did intimate things to her, neither did she understood the reason for the tingling feelings itching in her every time she was with the boy. It was something she had never felt before, and it was so foreign she would like to ignore it completely, but her heart just does not seem to let her bypass it. Catching Lucion returning to the table from the corner of her eye, the girl quickly shook her head, trying to get it all out and it was an action she had done so many times in just the past few weeks.

"What's wrong?" Lucion's warm voice reached her. She looked up, smiling awkwardly at the boy as she shook her head, indicating that there was nothing. Lucion merely sent her a doubting look, taking his seat opposite of Jesslia's, and an eye to eye staring competition began between the two.

It did not take long before the both of them looked away at the same time, the same shade of pink finding their place on each of the two's faces. It was obvious the two were getting embarrassed thanks to the eye contact, it was still slightly awkward even though the two of the were so comfortable with each other since there were other things intertwined with the supposed 'friendship' they had with each other. That awkwardness had not been so obvious when they were with others, which they were with most of the time, and finally being alone with the other made it all stand out. The slightly uncomfortable silence was spent with both of the two wondering what they could do to get rid of the weird atmosphere, though they still did nothing nevertheless, and they were only saved thanks to the arrivement of the long awaited dinner.