Chapter 22

Screams and chatters filled the campus of Soran High School as usual, though it did seem a little bit nosier with the addition of the exchange students. Better than anyone would want to admit, the exchange students were getting a fair bit of support for themselves thanks to some students who were in a way, blindly following people that seemed cool to them. An example was the group of students that Vicky had belonged to, they were turned away by most of the students anyway, especially by those in the Sports faculty. Most of their followers were from the Arts faculty, ones that only followed and did not really have their own thinking, ones that suited to be sidekicks the most.

The exchange students, leaded by Natalye and Quince, had made their way to the school's open grass fields where almost every student would be before classes had started. And all ten of them had every pair of eyes fixated on them, each of them gaining attention for different reasons. Natalye and Quince had an unbelievable amount of confidence, even after having been embarrassed by Jesslia the day before - they wanted to be at the top and take over the school and they were doing everything to do it, especially when they were going to take it from Jesslia and her stupid gang behind her. Everyone else had the same sort of arrogance, except for two strange people that did not seem to belong to the group.

But of course, the students, at least the ones with the right mind, were not staring at the exchange students because they respected them, it was that they were mocking at them. It was funny how that group of people thought that they could replace their top students, the ones that they had now learnt how to appreciate, especially Jesslia who was so much better than these wannabes.

"Tch..."

Quince snapped his head to the direction the sound came from, his eyes squinting at everyone he could see as he desperately tried to find the person that had disrespected him. His impatience was starting to get to him, after seconds of glaring at people, only to be held onto by his girlfriend. The girl took matter into her own hands, having gotten impatient as well, and her voice rang loud and clear, "Who was the person who disrespected us? Come out and admit your mistake now."

"What mistake was that..." A husky voice trailed from behind the group of exchange students, and the couple's faces changed immediately as soon as they saw who the person talking was - Jae Villiad.

Jae was a person with a classic but elegant fashion style, cladded in a simple baby blue sweater over a white long sleeved shirt, his collar and rims of the sleeves peeking out from baby blue material. The boy's lower body matched his upper with a classic pair of jeans and high cut brown Jordans. He was a good looking person, and everyone would term him as a flower boy, one that seemed to be gentle and quiet. Yet, the boy looked to be unexceptionally annoyed, his hands tugged in the pockets of his jeans as he stared at the couple in front of him.

"What do you mean by that Jae?" Quince looked as if he was about to pounce onto Jae in anger.

"It's exactly how I said it." Jae replied, pulling along the girl next to him, "I'm outta here, come on Boa."

Natalye was in disbelief, "What are you-"

"Just because the rest," Jae jerked his head towards the rest of the exchange students, "follow behind every step of yours' doesn't mean we have to. Do keep in mind that we were never under your wing, Natalye, not back in Japran and definitely not here. We only followed behind the group since we were supposed to stay together, but I think there's no longer the need to do so."