Two Separate Paths

"WHAM WHAM SPLASH!!!!" Mikoto was thrown back as yellow lightning exploded throughout the river valley. She exploded into the water as Grandix hovered above her.. wearing massive shoulder and chest plate armor comprised of yellow lightning

"No breaks Mikoto!!" Grandix called down. "Get up!!!"

Mikoto's head broke the surface of the water, gasping. her face covered in scrapes and bruises. "I know.. hah... hah.. I know.. hah..."

Mikoto's wings burst to life and she soared out of the water.. wiping blood from her chin with one wrist.

Grandix's Dragon Born ability was tricky as far as Mikoto could tell. His Lightning Armor wasn't meant for protection, like Mikoto's wings. Rather it was plugged into his nervous system, and fed him information by sensing the nervous system of his opponent, gathering information on their fighting style, and allowing him to counter and dodge moves with expert precision... and it also made making contact with the top half of his body a real pain if you weren't already resistant to electricity.

"IRON FIST OF THE THUNDER DRAGON!!!" Mikoto shot forward, launching a lightning fist at Grandix's head. Grandix caught Mikoto's fist with one hand, the lightning in it not harming him in the least.

"You concentrate too much on your brute force." said Grandix. "Though granted, as a fighter, you're naturally more talented then most. Unlike most Dragon Slayers, you do resort to crafty and strategic moves to get the better of stronger opponents, a probable result of your innate nature as an esper, but still, like most dragon slayers, you still suffer the flaw of having a Lost Magic that is based too much in brute force."

Grandix landed an Iron Fist of the Thunder Dragon right into Mikoto's gut, and she was sent soaring into the sky.

As Grandix shot skyward, he continued to speak. "While you are more cautious and calculating then the average Dragon Slayer, your senses in this regard have been dulled by the mere fact that you've gotten used to fighting with a power that has allowed you to win merely by punching opponents as hard as you can!! You need to reignite your thoughts, your thinking!! The part of you that calculates your opponent and times your attacks correctly!!

Grandix hurled a lightning kick into Mikoto, who folded her wings over and blocked the attack. However, the force of the blow still sent Mikoto hurling back a bit before she spread her wings and recovered herself.

"And.. hah.. how am I supposed to do that..?" Mikoto panted.

"Remember how you were before you were a Dragon Slayer." said Grandix. "I've heard the tales Mikoto. Once you were drugged, and you used pure ingenuity to get yourself moving again by sending electricity through your muscles. And do you think any Thunder Dragon Slayer has ever thought to or has been able to manipulate iron particles to create powerful metal based attacks before you? The Esper in you gives you an enormous advantage over other mages... it doesn't just power up your Dragon Slayer abilities, it gives you mental advantages that you've forgotten how to use.. and if you can't utilize all your strengths, Dragon Lord form will be all the more difficult to achieve."

"Okay.." said Mikoto. "I guess.. I can try.. "

"Don't try.. do." said Grandix

"Now you sound like Yoda.." Mikoto muttered.

Miles away.. in clearing in the forest... Lucy was having a more confusing time. She stood in the clearing on one foot, wearing a two piece bathing suit, while Nella did the same next to her, also in a cute frilly bathing suit, balancing with their hands.

"Uhhh.." Lucy muttered. "We've been doing this for 3 days now.. at least I think it's been 3 days.. there's no night here.."

"In reality, it's been only one 10th of a full day in real time." said Nella cheerfully. "But your estimate's close."