|Chapter 17|✔

Vote. Comment. Share. 🌹

=======================

"Dimitrius?!" Lucas exclaimed. "The same man I chose you wed. Is the father of the babe?"

"Yes, father."

"The same man who abandoned you at the altar due to your teenage affairs with... Alec?"

She felt a sharp pain straight from her heart.

Please do not speak of him. The pain is unbearable. It hurts too much.

"Yes, father. It is true," she says finally.

Her father paced back and forth, "I don't believe it," attempting to comprehend what his daughter admitted. "How?"

The mother shrugs. "Do you really want how a babe is made, Lucas?"

He ignores his wife, Christina, and pressed on. "Tell me!"

"I-It just happened."

The daughter feared for her life she had never seen her father so angry nor refuses to acknowledge her mother and fought on terrified her.

Helena Martakis bowed unable to look at her father in the eye to avoid being found out. She knew her father would see the truth if she looked at him in the eye.

"I may be king. But I will not abuse my power for your wrongdoings."

The queen gasped taken back by her husband decision. "Lucas! How can you say such a thing? She's our daughter!"

She was desperate. Ready to do whatever necessary to clear her daughter's name and such desperation always delivers chaos.

"I am aware!" He glares at his wife. She was so blinded by the fact that Helena might be the trending topic in Athens that she refuses to see their daughter in the wrong.

He turns back to Helena. "I do not know how far I can go to protect you."

"We will protect." the queen says firmly.

Lucas sat down and rubbed his forehead and close his eyes completely exhausted by the matter altogether. "Dimitrius is no man to be messed with. That is why I chose you wed with him. He is strong and intelligent."

"I know, father."

"If what you say is true. So be it." He then looks at her with care. "If it is not beware he'll seek vengeance for such accusations."

Helena couldn't endure another interrogation. Why was it was so hard to believe her?

"He's the one." she gulped. "He's the only one."

"You are completely sure? he asks again.

She bit her lip harshly until she tasted blood. "Yes. I am."

The queen watched them go at it for long enough she could bear to hear another word.

"She is sure, Lucas." the mother stepped in. "Why must you question her so?"

Lucas frowns. Clearly, she was more pleased to have a man, be named the father of the babe than to have a fatherless grandchild.

She was more concern of the family the name than the fact that there's a great chance that Helena had spoken falsely of an unforgiving man.

--------------------------

Kimberly had invented her intern Jacob for lunch as welcome back treat along.

She hadn't seen him in months and those days without him had been brutal.

She could hardly wait to see him.

"Why do you need him when you have me?" asked Troy.

You mad, babe?

She smiled, detecting the jealousy in his tone. "Because he is very good at what he does."

"And I'm not?" he kissed her hand.

Kimberly laughs. "Oh! Tro--"

"Looks like I didn't miss much." says the intern as he sees the very same man that had made it his task to be awfully friendly towards his executive before he had departed still behave the same.

=========================

A/N: Hope you guys liked this chapter.

(share your thoughts on the comment section) literally, you guys give me so much life when I read the comments.

I'm done now. Have a wonderful day or night, lovelies.

God Bless. 😇

Peace out

Vote. Comment. Share. 🌹