|Chapter 2| ✔

The day of the wedding came by too sudden. As each minute ticked away, Dimitrius grew more and more impatient. He wanted nothing more than to wed the girl and enter their loveless marriage. Most likely to become miserable for all eternity.
For the sake of King, Lukas. Dimitri had agreed to marry the king's youngest daughter. But he was not prepared for what was bound to occur. No one had expected it to happen. Not him. Nor his family. Let alone in the royal family. It was as if the gods allowed it to happen.

Surely, they could've at least warned them. To prevent this tragedy from taking place. The humiliating Greek tragedy!

The bride herself was severely shocked. In fact, speechless to the point that she couldn't utter a tune to defend herself.

"We are gathered here today. In holy matrimony. To join Dimitri Andreas Vlaxos and Helena Martakis..."

Dimitri dashed away as the priest continues to read the worldly wisdom of unity for their marriage. The poor man should just save his breath. Close that darned humongous book of his because he is sure that their marriage doomed for disaster and nothing good will ever come out of it.

"If anyone has anything to say on behalf of this couple speak now or forever hold your peace-"

"I object!"

Men and woman whisper spread throughout the room as they curiously searched for who's voice had come to break the union of their marriage.

"Helena, don't do this. You don't love him." I male voice says in the crowd.

Indeed, nothing but pure disaster came out of this.

Dimitrius frowns. This must to be a joke. Who was this man? More importantly, what was he rambling on?

He was never the man that's opened to the idea of sharing. It may be an arranged marriage, but he is very protective of what belonged to him.

Dimitrius glimpsed at his bride. Her eyes narrowed straight to the ground. Avoiding making eye contact with him and the man that's pouring his heart out to her.

The man approached them making himself visible to the naked eye.

For goodness sake, he is a teenage boy! The boy was brave to come forth from a variety of individuals to express his feeling for the bride. His bride!

That kind of bravery Dimitri wished he possessed after all he couldn't bring himself to reject the king's offer. If he had, he wouldn't be in here. The intense look in the boy's eyes was never leaving Dimitrius, bride.

The teenage boy looked at her the way every woman she should be considered. The way Dimitri doubted that he will ever look at her as he did. Pure love.

A sense of jealousy boiled through Dimitri body. He couldn't understand. Who was he to her?! He had never met this man before. I glared at her as if he wants her all to himself.

"Tell him, Helena." he pleaded.

Dimitri's soon to be bride shook her head, refusing to say whatever the man was going on.

"Tell him. You love me!" the teenage boy shouted. The audience gasped in horror.

His words sealed the depart of their marriage. My bride Helena had another lover. There's no need for him to marry her.

"Is it true?" Dimitri's heart ached shattered into millions of pieces. No, not his heart. His pride was destroyed. He did not love the girl. Still, it hurt. To be betrayed in front of family and friends.

"Yes. It is true," Helena whispered loud enough for him and the priest to hear, but the crowd did not.

"Then marry him." said Dimitri.