Chapter 23 Battle of the Eyes

The rest of the day was filled with more battles. Some I didn't know who they were. I hadn't seen another member of the Leaf fight after Mel did. I waited ernestly for my turn. I wanted to get it over with. One battle caught my eye however. Cheya, Nyen's bodyguard, was fighting with a member of the Cloud Village. Her black hair was still pinned into two pigtails but her face was a mask of pure seriousness. Beside her were two black tigers with blood pouring down their fangs. Their eyes were a bright red. I noticed their claws were hooked on the ends for more grabbing power. 

A man was fighting the sand bodyguard. He was tall and musular with a long scar that dragged its way down his chest. Beside him were two giant wolves. Their fur was a crimson color mixed with grey. I thought it was blood. It was the fight of the summoners. I was awed by Cheya's ability of controlling her two animals with such skill. She suddenly let the two tigers charge towards the cloud ninja and she drew a long sword from her thigh. With a charge she raced towards the cloud ninja and threw her sword at him. He deflected it with his kunai knife and charged towards Cheya who was now weaponless. Or was she?

I watched in awe as Cheya crossed her arms and bent away from the kunai knife with a bend of her back. Her legs twisted as she jumped in the air and landed on the man's neck. Her thighs were in between the man's neck and she squeezed as she suffocated him. 

The two tigers were getting the upper hand of the wolves as they clawed even more bloody marks on their fur. I sat in awe as Nyen nudged me. A look of pride sent a smile on my face. 

"She's a good one isn't she? Her father is the head bodyguard for my father, Gaara. Their family is practically trained their whole life. Its insane in my opinon!" She laughed as the cloud ninja tapped out and Cheya didnt' even smile. Nor did she release her justu. The two black tigers continued to snarl as she walked up the stairs and back next to Nyen. I backed away as the tigers sulked towards her. Everyone made a path for the blood thirsty tigers with no second guessing. 

"You did well Cheya!" Nyen cheered as she slapped her hand on her back. "You schooled that guy!" Nyen started to chortle as the board began to spin once more. I was laughing with Nyen when I could suddenly feel eyes scoring my body. 

I felt uneasy. Unsure. I knew whose name was on the board. I flashed my eyes toward the board and stopped. Seru Uchiha Verse Kushina Uzumaki. I gulped. Was the prophecy true then? Would kill one of my loved ones? Nyen's beril eyes glinted a soft speck of hope. 

"You can do this Kushina. I believe in you. I know Seru's your boyfriend and all..." 

"He's not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed. In a huff of anger I stormed my way down to the arena with the eyes of everyone boring down. Seru stood waiting. His black hair spiked and his black eyes piercing my soul. I smiled at him but he didn't smile back. Instead he looked angered. Mad. I gulped again. 

Naruto appeared next to us and nodded at me. I gave him an exasperated look. He took his finger and put it into his mouth. I knew that signal. My new summoning would have to suffice for now. 

He raised his arm and suddenly slammed it on the ground. Instantly I bit my finger and slammed it on the ground. Gambunta appeared next to me. He was huge. I felt the large drain in my chakra and I stumbled. He reached for me and I hopped onto his flipper as I sat on his head. 

"Get ready for this Gambunta!" I screamed. Seru's eyes had already turned into sharingan's. I felt my eyes burn and my Byakugan form. The Battle of The Eyes. 

_____________________

I don't own Naruto for your own info!!!