6: Bring Me To Life

Chapter Six
Maya Hart

*Start playing "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence. It goes a bit fast, so pause if you need to.*

    "Ugh!" I groaned as I trudged my way through the sand.

    God knows how much time has passed by and I was still in a coma. I was still having odd dreams that seemed to change constantly. This time, my dream had me so that I was now walking on a beach at sunset. Even though it was beautiful, I was miserable. What's the point of admiring something if my brain is just playing tricks on me right now? All of the sudden, I felt myself flying forward towards the sand.

    "Ahhh!" I shrieked as I face planted right into the sand.

    All of the sudden, I felt a pair of hands grab me and roll me over. A pair of brown eyes stared back at me.

    How can you see into my eyes like open doors?

    I shrieked again. I calmed down when I realized that it was just Riley- Dream Riley. I then noticed that she was wearing a heavy, brown winter coat with a fur hood. What the heck? Who wears a coat to the beach? I looked down. I was wearing a coat too, except for mine was a lighter shade of brown. I was no longer at the beach- I was in a snowy tundra.

    Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold

    "Are you ok, miss?" Riley asked me, "That's quite a tumble you took there."

    You see, Dream Riley now is a lot less weird. What she says now pertains to my dream and makes sense. Also, she can now hear me and make responses. But, there are times where she goes a bit out of whack and says weird things and starts acting really odd.

    "Miss?" I repeated, "You know who I am, Riley."

    Riley cocked her head. "Um, no I don't."

    I sighed. I knew that it was only a part of the dream.

    "Why can't this just end?"

    (Wake me up)
    Wake me up inside
    (I can't wake up)

    "Why can't what just end?" Riley repeated.

    "This dream."

    Riley cocked her head at me once more. "What dream?"

    "The one I'm in right now. I just want to wake up."

    "But, you are awake, Maya."

    Call my name and save me from the dark
    (Wake me up)

    "I thought that you didn't know me."

    Riley gave me a confused look. "Of course I know you! You're my best friend!"

    I sighed again. By now, I was used to strange things like this.

    "Just get me out of this!" I cried.

    (Save me)
    Save me from the nothing I've become