¢нαρтєя 25

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

And now I don't understand it.
You don't mess with love,
You mess with the truth.
And I know I shouldn't say it,
But my heart don't understand,
Why I got you on my mind.

-Ellie Goulding "On My Mind"

¢нαρтєя 25

I gasped, shoving Avan away, intensely angry. "No, no deal!" I screamed, pointing a wary fiber at Ethan's raised eyebrow.

Avan clenched his jaw, "Leah, an Alpha protects his pack. Before everything, I'm responsible. Responsible enough to sacrifice one life if it meant saving my pack."

I glared at him, "Coward." I spat.

Avan sighs, "You heard me, Morino, get out of my territory."

Ethan smugly grins at my unhappy expression, while pressing Addie against him. She uncomfortably shuffles away, pleading me with her eyes for help.

Ethan signals something to his men, and they surrender Cole and Calvin. Calvin spits at their feet angrily, muttering something along the lines of "assholes." While Cole stumbled away, uncoordinated.

"You c-can't take Addie away." Cole coughs up some blood letting it splatter on the murky colored ground.

Ethan smirks, "We'll be going now."

Avan frustratingly growls, as move away from him towards Adeline. Avan yanks me back to his sculpted chest.

"Angel, don't." He mutters.

I trashed away from his calming touch just as the winds picked up. "Shut up you asshole. You traded my sister like a damn toy!" I shout.

Avan draped his hand over my mouth, muffling my angry screams. Calvin stares pitifully at me, "I'm going to get Tyson." He whispers, beginning to walk away just as Ethan and his men disappeared into into the nightly forest.

Tears coated my cheeks, it seemed like every time I'm around Avan I'm either scared or crying.

But sometimes I feel safe.

That scared me.

Avan grips my forearm, his merciless eyes glaring at me. "You may not understand yet, but Adeline belongs to Ethan, rightfully."

I grit my teeth, I had never been so damn angry. "Shut up! Just shut up, Ethan has no right to take my little sister away! I hate you, so much, so damn much." I shriek, a dark hole consuming me.

Avan clenched his jaw, "Cole, bring her back to the pack house. And whatever you do, don't let her out." Avan mutters, staring at Cole's frustrated face.

With no other choice, Cole agrees, "Yes, Alpha."

VVV

Avan stumbled through the trees, confused. What did he do wrong?

He was just protecting her!

And his pack.

Avan couldn't take it anymore, shifting into his large wolf. He hunched his back, thinking over his mistakes.

All he really wanted was to be happy again.

And with that his wild form released a low howl, penetrating the night sky.