¢нαρтєя 21

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

¢нαρтєя 21

Are you, are you,
Coming to the tree?
Where dead man called out,
For his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here,
No stranger would it be,
If we met at midnight,
In the hanging tree.

-Jennifer Lawrence "Hanging Tree"

*** AVAN'S P.O.V. ***

"She doesn't know yet!"

I hissed to my mother. She pursed her lips.

"She will." She insists, "soon."

I clench my teeth, "Leah doesn't need to know, it was the past. The past almost never repeats itself."

My mother snarls, unhappy to my opinion. "Dear, she will die if she stays by your side. It's the Costarelli curse. Forever to be unhappy."

Leah didn't know yet, she wouldn't. Or else she would stay away from me.

That was dangerous.

Far more dangerous than being with me.

"Mother, I love her." I declared, my wolf cringed at the thought of being away from his soul mate.

She laughs darkly, "You don't even know what love is." She sneered.

"My heart thumps loudly when I see her, when I smell her, when I graze her hand. And my head hurts when she isn't nearby, my heart feels like it's being squashed when she leaves. I'm not sure if that is love, but I know I can never live without her." I spoke, agitated.

She visibly pales, "it's too late. You've fallen too fast."

"Alright, child. I accept your opinion, and I will no longer go against it. But listen, love can only bring hurt. And I do not wish to see you in that state." She mutters, before straightening her dress out, and marching for the kitchen where my baby sister cries.

Love can only bring hurt.

It was true.

But I also knew, love can bring me happiness. And that's a risk I'm willing to take, I just don't know if Leah feels the same.

A low grunt brought me out of my thoughts. I turn to see Tyson, Dennis in hand. A faint smell of Leah resided on their clothing. I grit my teeth, attempting to shove past my elder brother.

He deflects me easily, "Avan, you must not."

Dennis whimpers at my angered expression. "Tyson, it seems you've forgotten who Alpha is." I ground out.

He glares at me, "Avan, if Marigold was still alive, I'd be Alpha. Step down, brother." He spat, enraged. I gulped, intimidated.