Sixty Two

~Carter~

Things are definitely tense between Liah and I. Since got here yesterday, things haven't been going anyone's way. I mean, no one's actually come out of their room due to the awkwardness that's hanging in the air. Ever since that video got leaked, things haven't been the same between me and Liah. But that's not her fault. Its mine. Since the video, Maggie and I have been seeing a lot more of each other. We talked things out and realised...we never stopped loving each other. As much as I love Liah, I guess my heart just always belonged to Maggie.

"Yeah, I should be back in Cali by Monday," I said to Maggie.

"Great, so just come over to my place when you get the time," She said.

"Yeah, I will," I told her.

"Great. Oh, and Carter, I love you," She said, making me smile.

"I love you too," I said, before the call was disconnected.

Sitting down on the window seat in mine and Liah's room, I couldn't help but feel guilty. I hate leading Liah on like this.

"Hey," Her voice said as she walked into our room. She was previously with the girls.

"Hey," I said with a small smile as she sat down next to me.

"Carter, can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure," I nodded.

"Like, what's going on with us?" She asked, not looking at me.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked her.

"Look, I love you, and I want us to go back to what we used to be before all of this drama happened, but...I feel like you're not on the same page as I am," She said quietly.

I was silent for a few minutes.

"Liah, I need to tell you something," I said at last.

"What?" She asked, her dark eyes looking up at me.

"I...I really love you, a lot, and there's no doubt in my mind that you've made me the happiest I've ever been. But the thing is..." I trailed off.

"Its Maggie, isn't it?" She asked.

"H-how'd you know?" I asked, not looking her in the eye.

"Because I'm not an idiot, Carter," She said. "I mean, do you think I haven't noticed you being all distant and shit. The messages and calls from her?"

"Liah, things weren't supposed to end up like this," I said.

"You're cheating on me with her, aren't you?" She asked in a quiet voice.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"You're sorry?!" She snapped. "Sorry for what? Sorry that I know you couldn't be man enough to tell me the truth?"

"Liah, it all happened so fast. I didn't know how to stop it," I said. "Maggie and I..." I trailed off.

"Why didn't you just tell me the truth for the beginning? You have no idea how much I hated myself for thinking that you were cheating on me, when actually, I was right all along," She snapped.

"Liah, I didn't mean to hurt you -" I began to say.

"But you did!" She spat. "Do you have any idea how hard I try? I'm not a person that trusts someone easily with my heart, but with you, I was willing to trust you, and now I feel stupid for doing that!"

Looking into her eyes, I could see the pain, hurt, anger and frustration.

"Liah, I love you, I really do. But what Maggie and I have...it's a once in a lifetime thing," I tried to explain.

"Then you know what? You do that. You go and live happily ever after with her. But you and me, we're done" She said, and then turned to walk out the room. "Oh, and Carter?" She said.

"Yeah?" I said quietly.

"I hope you know, that cheating on me with her, is like throwing away a diamond and picking up a rock. You're pretty fucking stupid."

And then she left, leaving me to wonder if I had really made the right decision.

~Liah~

Walking out of mine and Carter's room, my vision was blurry due to the tears clouding my vision.

Walking into a room, I didn't care which one of the boys it belonged to. I just needed to be alone right now.

Sitting down on the floor with my back against the wall, I finally let the tears fall. How could I have been so stupid as to believe Carter still loved me? Of course he would still love his ex. Why does this always happen to me?

As I sobbed painfully, I wondered where everything had gone wrong.

"Liah?" Johnson's voice asked. "What's wrong?"

I didn't answer him as he sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me, letting me cry into his chest.

"It hurts so bad," I sobbed.

"Liah, what happened?" He asked, holding me tight.

"Carter and I. We're done," I hiccuped.

"Why? What happened?"

"Maggie Lindemann happened, that's what," I told him.

"Wait, he cheated on you?" He asked, sounding surprised and somewhat angry.

"Yeah," I nodded, wiping away tears even though they were still falling. "But then again, I don't know why I'm so surprised. Of course he'd get sick of me. I mean, who wants to put up with a bitchy, narcissistic, way to dramatic, bossy know it all like me?"

"Liah, don't you dare say that about yourself!" He said, tilting my head up so that I was looking into his blue eyes. "You are absolutely perfect just the way you are, and any guy would be lucky to have you."

"You really mean that?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, I do," He nodded. "Carter is an idiot for letting you go."

"Thanks, Johnson. I really needed that," I said, laying my head on his chest.

As I lay in his arms, my mind was swirling around what had just happened. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep in his arms.

*****
Tsk tsk tsk. *looks over at Carter disapprovingly*

Anyways, so the squad and I went to Rush (trampoline world in my land) and it if as pretty fun, I guess.

Oh, question. Who's heard Little Mix's new song Love Me Like You?
thoughts?