Five

~Liah~

"Hang on, you said no to Cameron wanting to make-out with you?" I asked Caitlin, my brain utterly shocked.

"Okay, he's Cameron Dallas, the guy you've been crushing on since we were seventeen!" Carmen exclaimed.

"That's like me saying no to food," Heather piped in.

"Guys, I know what I'm doing," Caitlin said.

"And that would be?" I questioned.

"I'm...building up suspense," She said.

"So the satisfaction is lasting?" Carmen asked.

"Yeah, probably," I smirked, my brain totally twisting her words. I'm assuming Heather and Caitlin picked up on it too because they both started laughing as well.

"I hate being friends with you guys," She muttered, laughing as well.

After that we each headed off to our rooms to get changed because we were meeting up with the boys in an hour. As I headed into the bedroom, the thought of hanging out with Carter Reynolds made me feel all giggly.

After my shower, I deliberated for ten or so minutes before deciding on a pair of white denim shorts, a blue and while stripped cropped cardigan and a pair of black ankle boots. I left my hair simple in a high bun and my make-up only consisted of concealer, mascara, eyeliner and lipstick.

"Liah, hurry your ass up!" I heard Heather call from the living room.

"Shut up! I'm almost done!" I called back, quickly putting my phone, wallet and gum into my handbag and then walking out of my room into the living room where the girls were waiting.

"You take for-fucking-ever," Heather groaned as we walked out the door.

The drive to Ihop -where we were meeting for lunch - was fairly short and by the time we got there, the four of us were all equally nervous. Hey, just because we hung out with the guys last night doesn't mean we're not still hardcore fangirls.

"Thanks, Liah, we're already seven minutes late," Carmen muttered as we walked into the popular waffle and pancake restaurant.

"Why is it my fault?" I asked her with a frown.

"Because it was you who took forever to decide on what to wear," She said.

"Shut up," I mumbled as I noticed Carter wave to us from a large table in the corner.

"Okay, everybody stay calm and relaxed," Caitlin muttered even though we could hear the excitement in her voice.

"Hey," Carter said to us with a grin as he and the guys stood up to hug us and re-organise their seating.

"Hi," I said, returning the grin as he hugged me and the smell of his cologne infumed me.

After hugging the other guys, we sat down and then casual conversation was made amongst us.

"So Cam tells us that you're a mean basketball player," Nash said to Caitlin with a laugh.

"I don't know about her being a basketball player, but she is mean," I said with a smirk.

"I'm not mean," Caitlin scoffed.

"You pushed me off the counter the other day and then you laughed!" I pointed out.

"Why were you sitting on a counter?" Matt asked, sounding confused.

"Cause her short ass couldn't reach the top cupboard," Heather smirked, causing the girls to burst into giggles.

"Call me short again, and I'll cut you," I threatened, glaring at her.

"Woah, violent much?" Taylor asked with a laugh.

"She's that violent cause short people are closer to hell," Carmen giggled, causing everyone to laugh.

"I'm not even that short," I mumbled with a pout. What? Four foot eleven isn't that short.

As the conversations went on, Carter leaned down and whispered into my ear, "don't worry. Short girls are the cutest kind."

My cheeks turned a new-level red as he said that.

As we ate our pancakes or waffles, Nash brought up the topic of this Saturday's up-coming basketball game, Knicks versus Clippers.

"We're actually flying out there tomorrow for it," Carmen told them. The girls and I are fans of basketball and we go as often as we can to the games.

"Yeah, same," Carter said.

"You guys down for Clippers?" Cam asked us. Carmen, Heather and Caitlin all nodded, but I shook my head.

"You support Knicks?" Aaron asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Hey, I was born and raised in New York. I stay true to my roots," I defended.

"Finally, now I'm not the only one," Shawn said, fist bumping me.

"Now Shawn has someone to sulk with when the Knicks loose," Jack G smirked.

"Oh please," I scoffed, "the Knicks haven't lost a game this season."

"Neither have the Clippers," Johnson retaliated.

Shawn and everyone else then began to bicker about the hopeful outcome of tomorrow's game.

"Don't worry, you can cry on my shoulder," Carter said to me.

"Babe, if anyone's going to be crying, it's you," I smirked.

"We'll see about that," He chuckled, patting my thigh.

Oh yeah, we'll see alright.

******
I'm so excited for this book cause I have so many plans for it :) x