6. Halloween

"Reyna?" a voice said from behind her. She looked up. Leo stood in front of her, having once again broken into her house.

"What, Valdez?" she asked.

"You know what day it is, right?"

Reyna sighed. "It's October 1st."

Leo nodded. "Good, so you understand the holiday that' coming up?"

"Leo, I have work-"

"It's Halloween Rey!"

"Stop calling me that," Reyna snapped. "Now why do you insist I know this?"

Leo sighed over-dramatically. "This means trick-or-treating."

"Leo please, I have so much work and Octavian won't leave me alone, and I don't care about this!"

"How could you say that!? You love candy."

Reyna set her pen down. "I do, but as we know from experience, I have enough candy."

"You can never have enough candy!" Leo said.

"Leo. Please tell me this, why do you care?"

"Because we need to plan your costume."

"Why can't I just wear a toga and say it's a costume?"

"Because... um... it's not fun!"

Reyna stood up and walked to her mini kitchen. She grabbed her bag of Starburst jellybeans and went back to her paperwork.

"Leo, I'm not going trick-or-treating. I don't plan to this year or next year, never."

Leo frowned. "I bought you a princess costume. See you on Halloween." Leo walked out the door.

Halloween

"Reyna! Come on, we're gonna miss the candy!" Leo yelled from his spot in her doorway.

"Why am I wearing this?"

"Because you didn't agree to anything else."

"You didn't give me any other choices!"

"Just come on!"

Reyna flounced dramatically into the room. She stopped and threw her arms out in a ta-da movement.

"You look perfect," Leo laughed.

"I know that." Reyna readjusted her weapon belt. "This outfit is so... strange. Can I at least know who I am?"

"Nope. You're going to be left in the dark because you didn't want to go trick-or-treating."

"Look, can we just get this over with?" Reyna said. "And... what are you wearing?" she gestured to his strange outfit. He wore a black leather jacket and tight black pants. The sleeves of the jacket were rolled up to revel a bunch of scribbles that may have been tattoos. He had a fake gun strapped to his side.

"Duh. I'm Uriah, from Divergent..."

"Never heard of it."

"No one has! And for gods sake you're Marlene!" Leo said, throwing his hands up.

"Wait who am I?"

"Never mind. Let's go."

Reyna walked out of the door quickly with Leo close behind.

"We're gonna leave camp, Nico's waiting outside the tunnel. He's going to shadow travel us to Percy and Annabeth-"

"Wait. They're going to see me in this?"