Chapter Twelve.

"Thirsty?" Aubrey asked as he snuck up behind Anastasia.

She jumped and turned to face him before greeting him with a swat to his arm.

"Jackass. Don't be sneaking up on nobody like that. That'll get you fucked up."

Aubrey chuckled. "So damn hostile. Thought those four glasses of champagne would've chilled you out."

Before she could respond, a photographer approached them both, asking for a picture. They both looked at each other and shrugged before posing for the picture. Aubrey kept his face straight while Anastasia smiled. After the photographer snapped a couple of photos of the two, Anastasia turned to Aubrey again.

"Shut up, Graham Cracker." She hiccuped and covered her mouth, "Excuse me. Anyways, why didn't you even tell me you were coming?"

"I didn't know I had to check in with you."

"You know what I mean."

"Honestly, I almost didn't come. I kept debating back and forth in my head. I wanted to see the mens fashion, but I could've waited and saw it online. Finally, i just decided to come on down." Aubrey explained and nodded his head, "But, why are you drinking so much? You alright?"

"I'm fine. I just drank a few glasses to calm my nerves." She replied and inhaled sharply, placing her hand against her forehead, "And now I'm starting to feel them a little."

"Come on. Take a seat."

He held her gently by the arm and directed her over to one of the white leather chairs. Anastasia rubbed her temples as they began to pound slightly.

"Are you ok?" Aubrey asked her.

She nodded her head. "I will be."

"What did you need to calm your nerves for?"

She shifted in her seat and shook her head. He kneeled down to her and placed his hand on hers, causing her to look at him.

"Say what's on your mind. I know we've never seen eye to eye and we've never liked each other, but you can talk to me about whatever. I wouldn't judge you."

"I don't want to talk about this." She got up and rushed for the door, feeling her head pound harder.

Aubrey could see her looking uneasy, so he rushed to her aid.

"My head..." Anastasia began.

Kelly ran over to the two of them and placed her hand on Anastasia's back.

"What's going on over here?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

"I think those four glasses of champagne got to her." Aubrey explained, "Her head is bothering her."

"Oh, no. Ana, girl, do you need me to take you back to the hotel?"

Anastasia shook her head. "No, you have people to talk to."

"I can do that any time."

"Kelly, look, I can look after her for you. You handle your business." Aubrey told Kelly.

"You sure?"

"I am. I got medicine and water back in my room. I'll take care of her."

"Normally, I'd protest, but my head is killing me. So, I'll go along with it." Anastasia spoke up, "I'll see you later, Kellz."

"Ok. Thank you, Drizzy."

"No problem."

Aubrey carefully guided Anastasia out of the party and called his driver to bring the car around. Almost immediately, the car pulled up just as they were walking out of the building. The both of them climbed into the backseat and Aubrey instructed the driver to take them back to the hotel.