Mischievous Merlin

Okay, So I was looking through the charts saying where some of my readers live ( Not exactly just the country don't get freaked out and it doesn't say who) and apparently I have readers from India, the U.K, Sudan Arabia, Canada and some other places. COOL!!!!! Anyway, LEGGO!!!!

It was a typical hunt for the knights of the Round Table and Merlin, which obviously means that something happened. For once, Merlin didn't escape unscathed. In fact, He was the most affected. They had been looking for something to kill when, of course, they ran into in a sorcerer with a unique sense of humour and decided to would be a good idea to turn Merlin into a five-year-old child. It was funny at first, each knight taking the opportunity to laugh at the predicament, but then Arthur realized he would have to take care of him until he returned to normal. It seemed like young Merlin was actually quiet and shy, especially since he was turned into a toddler and didn't know who any of them were anymore. He was also seemed to be surprisingly intelligent for his tender age. Apparently, Camelot wasn't very popular with Ealdor, which confused the knights, as they had mostly been welcomed with open arms when they had. Luckily, Percival is good with kids. Just as luckily, Merlin always packed clothes for children in case they need it, and in a few cases they did, like if children were ever lost or in danger. The clothes were a tiny bit big for tiny little Merlin, but it would do.

They didn't realize that the more comfortable Merlin became with them, the more mischievous deeds he felt he was able to be. Merlin learned quick that if he used his infamous puppy dog eyes, then every knight would bend to his will. For example, each time Merlin's prank was discovered, one of the knights took the fall and if nobody did, Merlin would burst into tears making all of them panic and do anything to keep him quiet. Merlin liked these people, he was going to have so much fun with them.

Merlin started to get more sarcastic then Arthur expected of a young child, of anyone really. Was Merlin holding back all these years?

Since their luck hadn't changed, bandits attacked. Merlin took cover and, unknowingly to the others, stole a fallen crossbow before climbing a tree. Once he got a clear shot, Merlin shot the bandits one by one, making sure to only injure. He was five, he wasn't about to take a life. Soon, the battle was won, the Camelot knights triumphant. Merlin silently cheered and climbed down the tree.

"Merlin, there you are! Are you alright?" Percival asked, almost like a worried mother.

Merlin nodded his response. "Are the bad men gone?" He whispered, his seemingly innocent blue eyes large in curiosity.

"Yes Merlin, the bad men are gone. Let's go back to Camelot." Percival smiled.

" No, I don't wanna. I wanna go home!" Merlin shook his head, his lip quivering while his eyes shined with unshed tears.

" No, no no no no! Don't cry, uh... Gaius is at Camelot!" Percival said, hoping maybe kid Merlin might still have a connection with the physician.

"Uncle Gaius!!" Merlin cheered, then asked, "Will Uncle Uter be there, too?" Everyone turned their heads to him so quickly, Merlin could practically hear their necks cracking.

"Merlin, did you mean Uncle Uther? As in Uther Pendragon?" Arthur asked slowly, not trying to scare the young boy and make sure he heard correctly.

"Uh-huh! Uncle Uter is a meanie sometimes but, I know he just misses Auntie Yegreen. He's just sad-mad like mummy says. Is he going to be there?" Merlin asked innocently, even though he knows Uther is the king and Arthur is his son.

"Yegreen? Do you mean the late Queen Ygraine?" Leon asked, surprise being an understatement.

"Yeah. But, she went to heaven before I got to meet her. Ert'er born before I was. He's a big, silly prat, he never shares anything! Mergerns is nice, though." Merlin grinned, his bright smile innocent, though he was anything but.

"Ert'er? Do you mean Arthur? By Mergerns do you mean Morgana?" Gwaine asked, perplexed at the thought of Merlin growing up around the royal family, especially as none of them had metioned knowing the servant before his first arrival.

"I think so. I only see them when Mergerns convinces Uncle Uter to visit. He not come anymore, I think I upset him by saying truth. I misses Uncle." Merlin fake pouted knowing full well he did not miss Uther.

"What did you say to him?" Leon asked, very curious as to what Merlin had said to make Uther upset.

"Truth. Magic is not all bad." Merlin said simply making all of them do a double take

"How is magic not bad?" Arthur asked, now the one curious

"Meanies at home hurt me and the magic man helped me. I heard Gaius says that I was lucky magic man was there or I might join Auntie in sky" Merlin explained.

"Magic, saved your life?" Arthur asked

"Yes, lots and lots of times, see?" Merlin said and his eyes flashed gold, holding his hands out, making the Pendragon float several feet above the ground gently, before he simply stated:

" Magic's not bad. Magic's a weapon like swords. Bad people use magic, but nice people use it too."