Christmas

Ok, I know it is nowhere near christmas but, I couldn't resist making this once I got the idea!! Also, I am not doing the pattern anymore, ima stop that cuz I got a lot of ideas and when I say a lot, I mean a lot! I have 16 more ideas to do and some can go under the category of secrets and talents so we'll see ! Also, in the next chapter I will be publishing the plot of a book I might make after I get your guys' opinions, so in the next one, please please please comment what you think and if i get enough votes or people saying they would read it, I will start making it though it will take a long time! I will give you a hint, it involves some dead people making an appearance!! It's not a very popular idea ( at least of what I've seen) But I hope you guys like it! Enough about the future, let's get to the present! Well, it's kind of the past ( all the italics are hints ) Oh and i'm too lazy to write down spells so use your imagination ;)

      Christmas time was always busy, Especially this christmas since it was Camelot's turn to host the feast. Merlin was always busy, nobody seemed able to find him christmas eve or the day before, he had been running around camelot. The whole week he could be seen running around, wether it was for Gaius, Arthur or some prat noble, nobody could tell. Everyone made the promise of no gifts this year as it was a very busy but, Merlin never listened. The reason nobody seemed to find him, he was either doing chores or he was off searching for his supplies. 

Christmas eve night, he was a bit busy. He delivered all his gifts with the help of magic. Percival got new chainmail ( which had an undetectable protection enchantment), Gwaine got a basket of apples and a tankard of mead, Elyan got a big scrap of rare metal ( also with an undetectable enchantment), Leon got new leather gloves ( that may or may not be fireproof), Mordred got some new armor ( he didn't need enchantments but, Merlin did it anyway).

  Gaius got a basket of rare herbs that he had just ran out of and they are out of season, Gwen got a new dress ( protection enchantment too), Arthur got new boots ( enchanted also) and Merlin delivered blankets, firewood and food to his mother plus a little bit of money. 

After he delivered those, he decided Camelot needed a bit of a touch up. All the floors were polished or swept, none of the walls had a speck of dust. All the rugs seemed freshly beaten and all the candles renewed. All the pots,pans,plates,cups and silverware in the kitchen was cleaned.The stables were mucked out, all of the weapons were polished and sharpened or replaced. All the armor was polished or replaced and all the tables and chairs were all replaced with new replicas. The crowns were polished, clothes were cleaned, and the servants and poor people had all gotten a new set of clothes. The peasants' houses each had a bag of gold. The dogs were walked, all the rotten food was thrown out and replaced. The animals were all fed and watered and any clothes that needed replacing was replaced.

   Merlin had done most of the chores by hand, only some were done with the help of magic.Once it was done, it was close to dawn. Every house and room now had a meal set out on the table, each meal fit for a king. He went back to his quarters and collapsed on his bed. He had put a meal outside and had a new jacket himself, so nobody would be suspicious. Merlin wasn't able to fall asleep, so he acted asleep so when Gaius came in to wake him, he wouldn't be suspicious. Though even if he did guess it, which he most likely will,  Merlin did it so he wouldn't worry. 

   He acted asleep, and soon got 'woken' up by Gaius, who came in and thanked him after 'waking' him up. Merlin and Gaius eat before Merlin left to wake up Arthur, taking the long route as usually he did a chore or two before waking him which was the reason he was always late to waking him up, even though he knew Arthur really didn't mind. 

"Rise and shine! Merry Christmas and apparently some joyful generous person went through all of Camelot doing some good deeds. All of the chores are done, the poor have new clothes and money, and everybody got some gifts plus apparently every room in the castle plus the villagers all have a meal fit for a king for breakfast" Merlin managed to say without laughing

" really? Oh and where have you been the last few days? Nobody could seem to find you but managed to catch glimpses of you running about the kingdom" Arthur asked making Merlin shrug

" Just doing all my chores. Did you check the lower towns or the forest much? I was mainly there since some people in the lower town got hypothermia and Gaius was busy here so I had to run around to find the herbs to make the remedy and then go to the lower town to treat them and then when I get back some noble immediately orders me to do something plus the daily chores I already have. Huh, guess I have been a bit busy lately" Merlin shrugs as he helps Arthur get ready 

" A bit? Wow I thought I was busy. Guess I did't think of how busy the servants must be with all these nobles around" Arthur said amazed that Merlin managed to get all this done " There is no possible way you get all of your chores done during the day. Did you wok through the night too?" Arthur asked 

" Maybe" Merlin said simply 

" Did you happen to see who did all the chores and gifts and stuff?" Arthur asked, almost making Merlin laugh 

" Maybe" He repeats 

" Well who was it?" Arthur asked 

" Can't say, sworn to secrecy " Merlin smirked 

" so you let someone do all your chores?" Arthur asked confused

" Oh god no!" Merlin said, a tiny bit offended that Arthur would think that

" Were you the only other person?" Arthur asked suspiciously 

" Yes" Merlin said 

" You helped them out, didn't you" Arthur smirked 

" Maybe" Merlin said 

" What exactly did you do?" Arthur asked 

" some stuff" Merlin smirked

" what kind of stuff" Arthur pushed

" A kind" Merlin said, trying not to laugh

" How much stuff" Arthur asked, obviously annoyed 

" An amount" Merlin said, now failing to keep in some chuckles and a cheeky smile

" C'mon Merlin stop being so stubborn, just tell me" Arthur laughed 

" Nope, if Gaius' eyebrow couldn't get it out of me, neither can you" Merlin smirked 

" You survived the eyebrow?!" Arthur asked in awe

" Yep, if you live with it long enough you can survive it" Merlin laughed

" I suppose so" Arthur laughed along 

   The whole day, all of his friends were pestering him on what part he took in this but, he never wavered. After a while everyone gave up but, Gwaine and Arthur wouldn't. After a whole week of pestering, bribery and threats, he gave in a tiny bit.

" FINE! I will tell you one thing, that's it! I did the delivering" Merlin said making Gwaine and Arthur smile in triumph 

" Hah! So you did more that one thing!"