The boy and the dragon

Ok, so I was looking for inspiration on what to write and remembered a story I read MONTHS ago! I decided to do my own version and just so you know THIS IS NOT MY ORIGINAL IDEA but I don't know who exactly it is, so.............yeah. This is sort of a Merlin AU, well, I guess it is but I'm not entirely sure but whatever. Hoped you guys liked the last one shot, OH! THAT REMINDS ME!! I actually ticked you guys, I had TWO COSTUMES!! At school we can't wear a mask so yep.

School: Sam Winchester
Actual: a gorilla

yeah, I'm a weird person, you guys are the ones who read my stuff...Anyway, I have some sad news....... I am putting this on hold for maybe a couple of months or so, hopefully not too long. Trust me, I love writing and you guys are hecka awesome but school sucks. Who knew 7th grade gives you back problems (backpack) !!My teacher is stupid and gives us weekend homework and I have sports and I'm trying out for travel volleyball and I'm not very good at science or math and yeah. Plus, Christmas is soon, so I'll try to do one for that but they aren't going to be frequent. Hope you guys had a happy halloween!! Also, as you will soon see, I may or may not have used this to take out my anger on Uther but he deserves it! :)

"Sire, maybe you should spare the boy, all he did was heal a sick child." Gaius pleaded with the ruthless king of Camelot who took it upon himself to decide the fate of those who used magic, evil or not in reality,they were all the same in his eyes; evil, heartless beings, deserving of nothing but death.

"He used magic and therefore deserves to be punished. He probably was the one who afflicted the illness on the child he had 'healed'." Uther seethed through the mask of ruthlessness covering his broken heart. In his eyes, magic had the blood of Ygraine of it's hands. Sorcerers had her blood on their hands- this boy was no different.

"But sire, he is younger than Arthur, he has yet to even learn if what evil is!" Gaius reasoned, knowing exactly who the child would grow up to be.

"No Gaius! Of all people, I thought you would be the one to understand my reasons. You have supported me so far, helping me avenge Ygraine, what has changed your mind old friend? Has the child bewitched you?" Uther knew Gaius was correct, but Uther refused to show weakness, no matter the age of the human on the receiving end of his wrath.

"Nothing sire, I just believe that you should at least give the boy a chance." Gaius was close to snapping at his king, the boy couldn't be older than 8, younger than the king's own son.

"What has he done to deserve a chance? What has his kin done to deserve mercy? They have killed ruthlessly, having no regard of who they have hurt, why should we not act the same if that's how they think they are allowed to act? Who are they to deserve life?" Uther seethed.

"You have started to do just that, sire!" Gaius finally snapped. Seeing Uther's shocked expression, as if he was shocked to hear such accusations, spurred the physician to continue. "He is but a child. You have grown vicious, my lord. You are willing to take the lives of children who know not of what they've done, if they've done anything; that know not of the power they possess. You've killed women for knowing the evil, in league with them or not. You killed men for magic, most not even being guilty of what you accuse them of! You have become a tyrant, you have become a menace, you have become a monster. Ygraine would be horrified if not disgusted at your actions sire. You have done nothing to prove you are even worthy of your title! I hope the gods have mercy on Arthur and help him to not become like his father, a man whom I am ashamed to even see with my eyes, feeling them tainted by the sight of your evil." Gaius had it. He was not sure who Uther was, he was not the man who Gaius became friends with, who saved Camelot from it's past tyrant, who married Ygraine, who fathered Arthur. After letting Uther know exactly what Gaius thought of him, Gaius stormed from the room, wanting to leave the man to his thoughts.

Uther stood, hurt by his friend's words. He let the words sink in, going over them. No, Gaius was wrong. Uther was not a tyrant, not a monster, he was the same man he had always been! Who did the old man think he was to address the king like that! Uther decided a perfect punishment to fit the man and kill two birds with one stone. He would lock the child with the dragon but make Gaius and the kingdom think he had killed the boy. Then, in 20 years, he would free the boy, making Gaius guilty and know that Uther did spare the boy out of the little kindness left in his hardened heart.

There was a flaw in Uther's plan. He didn't live to see 20 years later. Uther died 10 years later, leaving nobody to know about the boy and the dragon locked together.

4 years after Uther's death, King Arthur wed his love, Guinevere, who was his sister's maid servant and had even knighted peasants. He practically changed every law the late King Uther had set except one. Magic.

      Magic had killed his father, but with the help and guidance of his friends, his wife, his sister and his mentor, Arthur learned to accept magic. A year after Arthur had made magic legal once more, making it 7 years after Uther's death, Morgana told her brother of her powers. Seeing Morgana's confession as she revealed it at a meeting, Gaius decided to speak the truth about what had caused the purge and Ygraine's death, how Morgana actually is his sister and everything else Uther had kept secret from Arthur and the rest of Camelot. Camelot lived in harmony, in peace for five more years before Arthur learned of another secret that nobody had know except Uther for 22 years, the secret of the boy and the dragon. Letting select few know of this, they had found no trace for a year before Arthur finally discovered the truth of where they were hidden.

They had been concealed by an enchanted wall to hide the staircase that led Arthur, Guinevere, Gaius, Morgana and the knights of the round table to the boy and the dragon.

They climbed down, one by one, until they had all grouped together in a cave, that was surprisingly large to fit the large group of ten. 

"Oh, hello. It seems we have visitors after these long 23 years" A man spoke, not coming into view. To the group, only a faint outline was visible in the darkness. 

"Hello. My name is King Arthur of Camelot and this is my royal council of my knights, my wife, my physician and advisor and my court sorceress. A year ago, we learned that my father had kept a boy and a dragon trapped for over 20 years and we've come to set you free. Over 5 years ago, Magic was welcomed and so will you so you have no need to worry." Arthur spoke, waiting for them to come into view.

"Uther is dead?" the man asked, and receive several nods in response.

"Have you found the keys?" The man simply asked after a moment of silence. 

"Keys?" Morgana asked confused.

They came into view. There was a cage connected to a collar on the dragon containing a man. His hair, filthy from a life in the caves, was black and hanging by his shoulders. His blue eyes were tired, but bright.

"This lock and cage are magic and fire proof and my chains don't allow me to use magic and Kilgaharrah's chains are magic and fire proof as well. While I thank you for your efforts, how exactly do you expect to free us without the keys to do so?" The man in the cage asked.

"I-we weren't aware you were caged and chained like this. I can try to create a key to fit into the chains and the cage." Morgana offered.

"I believe that might work" The man mused.

"Ok, I'll try." Morgana promised and closed her eyes before experimenting with some spells to create the keys needed and soon, she completed her task. In her hands she now held a small, bronze key, glimmering against the torchlight. 

"Here, let's try it, tell the dragon to bring the cage closer." Morgana asked and Kilgaharrah obeyed after complaining he had name and could speak for himself. 

"And...It worked! Let's try the chains now!" Morgana exclaimed happily. 

The keys worked and soon the boy and the dragon were free.

"What is your name?" Arthur asked.

"Merlin. and thank you." The man smiled a smile that seemed almost familiar to Arthur, like he's somebody Arthur should know but never got the chance to but how? Both the dragon and the boy knew what destiny had foretold, it is still to be, just not at the moment but, soon.