LittleMissyScriptyx/Dentist

Liams P.O.V:
Being a single dad was one of the hardest things. My girlfriend died a few years ago, and the only part i had left of her was our little girl, Lucy.

I struggled quite a lot bringing up Lucy by myself, so sometimes my sister Anna helped. She finished dentistry school about a year ago and had had stuck by me and Lucy ever since, occasionally coming round with her boyfriend/my bestfriend Niall aswell.

She has always acted like a mother figure to Lucy since... Yeah.

As i was thinking, Anna walked through the door and Lucy went rushing up to her, and hugged her.

"Good day at work Dr.Payne?" I ask, laughing.

"T'was okay brother, thanks" She grinned back at me.

Me and Anna never had any fallouts at children, and that brought me so incredibly close to her, we did loads of things together, and we both cared for Lucy as much as possible.

I told Anna i was going to go to the shop and to look after Lucy, i always did this because i trusted Anna with my heart and soul.

I went out into the cold breeze and five minutes later, i was really glad to get in, but not when i heard Lucy crying.

"Anna, whats wrong?!" I yell from the doorway.

"Come here please Liam" she answers.

I walk into the door to see Lucy clutching her face, and Anna trying to hug Lucy and calm her down.

"Anna, why is she holding her face and bloody crying?" I ask in confusion and concern.

"I think Lucy has a bad tooth Liam, i have her a sweet to eat, but she bit into it and started crying".

I gave Anna a 'you know what to do' look and then I went out to the car. Me and Anna decided we should take Lucy to Anna's dentist surgery, and she could treat her there.

I picked Lucy up and put her in the car, i just simply told her that 'we were going out'. I did this because both me, and Anna knew that Lucy would refuse to go to the dentist. She hated it... Just like her mother did, and i always felt guilty about taking her but i had to.

We finally got to the surgery. Anna got out the car and opened up the doors whilst i gave her time to get ready, so i sat in the car with Lucy.

She was trying to read the sign saying 'Anna Payne Dental clinic'.
She got as far as 'A-Anna Payne' before she asked if it was Annas work.

I just shrugged and told her that i didn't have a clue, but i did really. I just didn't want to upset her.

I carried Lily into the clinic and she instantly burst into tears. She knew she was right now and she looked at me with her diamond blue eyes, scared. I felt guilty but i knew what was best for her.

I carried her into 'Dr. Anna Paynes' room and sat down on the chair before placing Lucy on top of me. She started kicking and screaming but soon Anna came through the door. Behind her was Niall too.

Anna put her gloves and mask on before reclining the chair which gave both me and Lucy a bit of a shock.
Niall started laughing his head off but it wasn't that funny.. Thats Niall for you.

Anna then picked up her mirror and brought it into contact with Lucy. She told her to open wide but Lucy refused.

Seen as Lucy adored Niall though, he had a plan that would work.

"Hey, Lucy, look..." Niall grinned at Lucy before pulling a face at her.

Lucy giggled her head off, for a moment forgetting all her surroundings and situation, but she soon got brought back to reality when Anna placed a mouth prop in to keep her mouth open.

Anna inserted her mirror into Lucys mouth, who was trying to kick and squirm her way out of my arms. She was breathing fast and panicky and it made me feel upset.

I glanced up at Anna to see her looking at me with concern and panic. I just gave her a face of questioning, and she just shook her head and turned back to Lucy.

She sighed and told us, "Lucy, you have a few teeth that are a little bit sick, can i please clean them out and give them something to make them better?"

She put it in the nicest, childish way of saying that Lucy needed two fillings.

Suprisingly, Lucy nodded at my sister, but she didn't know the procedure ahead.

Anna got a needle out and told Lucy to relax and close her eyes to rest from the bright light. With the mouth prop in, it was pretty simple as all Anna needed to do was insert the needle.

She came closer with the needle and i was cringing at the thought of my daughter getting it, she wasn't aware and it would scare her.

Anna slowly inserted the needle, and i felt Lucy weaken on me. I heard her wails and sniffles as slowly the numbing liquid was released into her mouth. She went pale and delicate, and as soon as the injection was finished she got told to open her eyes.
I saw tears well up in them and they slowly fell down her face. I wanted to comfort her but i had to hold her.

As Anna was getting the drill, Niall got the idea that she was getting really scared. Niall soothed Lucy, as he got hold of her hand and he wiped away her tears.

Niall told Lucy that if she was a good girl that Niall would sit in the dentist chair and let Lucy check his teeth.
All Lucy did was nod to Niall and squeezed his hand.

Anna took the drill to Lucys tooth after about 5 minutes, and suprisingly, she let her to do it with very few tears.

The whole way through the procedure she just gazed at Niall who gave her words to comfort her and kept telling her she was doing great.

Anna filled Lucys tooth with Amalgam before telling her she was done.
The mouth prop got took out and Anna placed the chair up. All Lucy did then was prod her face at the numbness of it. She said it felt strange.

"Your turn Uncle Ni-Ni" Lucy giggled.

Niall sighed and got in the chair, Anna reclined it before picking up the mirror and passing Lucy it, telling her to look in Nialls mouth at his teeth.

"Open ide Ni" she spoke. Her baby talk was adorable.

Niall reluctantly opened his mouth, not knowing what a toddler would do, messing around with his mouth.

"Aunty Anna.. What is black spot for?" Lucy questioned, gaping into Nialls mouth.

Anna leaned over, and took a look in Nialls mouth.
"Babe, you've got a cavity" Anna smirked.

We all laughed, apart from Niall who funnily enough went as pale as Lucy did.

(A/n im sorry ive been so busy but i finally got an update in, sorry if its terrible but i can't help that.

Umm yeah next week should be back to normal and i'll try to update more. Ill do my best for you all <3

Please dont give up reading, there will definetly be more!)