Theory

***I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS***MOST OF THIS STORY IS FROM THE TWILIGHT BOOK BUT SOME IS MADE UP BY ME BECAUSE ITS NOT IN THE BOOK***

**ENJOY**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can i ask just one more?" she pleaded.

"One more" I sighed. I have to be careful with this, I cant see what she's going to ask.

"Well... you said you knew I hadn't gone into the book store, and that I had gone south. I was just wondering how you knew that" Why does she have to know everything?!

I looked away from her, trying to keep calm, she was the only human I'd met that had looked into everthing so carefully.

"I thought we were past all the evasivness." she was getting angry, I couldnt help but smile, she was kind of like me.

"Fine, then. I followed your scent." I kept on looking at te road, she didn't have a response to that. it seemed to cheer her up though. She still wasn't finished though.

"And then you didn't answer one of my first questions..."

I looked over at her, there was a few I didn't straight up answer, mainly about the mind reading. "Which one?"

"How does it work — the mind-reading thing? Can you read anybody's mind, anywhere? How do you do it? Can the rest of your family... ?" I knew it.

"That's more than one,"

She didn't sat anything, all she did was sit and stare at me, waiting for answers.

"No, it's just me. And I can't hear anyone, anywhere. I have to be fairly close. The more familiar someone's... 'voice' is, the farther away I can hear them. But still, no more than a few miles... It's a little like being in a huge hall filled with people, everyone talking at once. It's just a hum — a buzzing of voices in the background. Until I focus on one voice, and then what they're thinking is clear. Most of the time I tune it all out — it can be very distracting. And then it's easier to seem normal when I'm not accidentally answering someone's thoughts rather than their words." I'd never felt comfortable talking about it, not even with my 'family'.

"Why do you think you can't hear me?"

I looked at her, always the difficult questions. This one was especially difficult and frustrating.

"I don't know. The only guess I have is that maybe your mind doesn't work the same way the rest of theirs do. Like your thoughts are on the AM frequency and I'm only getting FM." I liked that theory, that was the only theory that made sense...kind off.

"My mind doesn't work right? I'm a freak?" The way she talked about herself bugged me, I cared more than I should. I cared even more that I just told her I can read minds and follow peoples scents yet she thinks she's the freak because I can't read her mind.

"I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak, don't worry, it's just a theory... Which brings us back to you." I wanted to know her theory, I knew it was near impossible for her to know what I was, but the fact that she was different to everyone else, scared me.

She sighed and looked away, I smiled. "Aren't we past all the evasions now?"

She looked back towards me but not at me "Holy crow! Slow down!"

"What's wrong?" If I could of read her mind I wouldn't of been so startled by her shouting.

"You're going a hundred miles an hour!" She was still shouting at me, looking panicked out the window.