Phenomenon

***I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS***MOST OF THIS STORY IS FROM THE TWILIGHT BOOK BUT SOME IS MADE UP BY ME BECAUSE ITS NOT IN THE BOOK***

**ENJOY**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and the rest of the family arrived early today. When Bella got there she parked at the other side of the parking lot, trying to ignore me i guessed. When she got out she walked to the back of her truck and looked at something. Her tires? When she finished she stood leaning against the side of her truck, thinking about something, but of course i didn't know what. All of a sudden i heard a high pitched screech and looked up. It was Tyler's truck skidding across the parking lot towards Bella's truck about to crush her. I didn't even think, i just started running at a non human speed towards her and when i got there grabbed her in my arms on the floor, and pushed my arm out in front of my stopping the car with a massive bang along with the sound of metal being bent forcibly. That's when everything stopped, until the air was filled with the screams and shrieks of the other people in the parking lot. Only worrying about Bella and if she was ok, no one knew i was there, i got there too fast. Bella looked up at me wide eyed, obviously shocked at what just happened, but probably more shocked at how i got here, fuck what have i done! I made a quick escape by jumping over the bonnet of her car. From the corner of my eye i saw the panicked faces of my siblings rushing back into the car as i quickly walked away, while the school panicked behind me. Before i got to far away i heard someone say "I've got 911 on the phone right now". No, i thought. Carlisle.

When i walked into the hospital room the nurse had pointed me towards she was in the second bed on the right side next to Tyler who was still apologising to her, but when i looked she had her eyes closed why was he apologising when she was asleep. "Is she asleep?" I asked a nurse. Her eyes flew open, obviously not. I stood at the foot of her bed smirking.

"Hey Edward, i'm really sorry-" Tyler started.

I held up my hand to stop him "No blood, no foul" i said flashing a smile at him. Walked over and sat on the edge of his bed facing Bella, smirking again. "So, whats the verdict?" I asked her still smirking.

"Theres nothing wrong with me at all, but they wont let me go." She complained at me. "How come you aren't strapped to a gurney like the rest of us?" She asked me sceptically.

"It's all about who you know, but don't worry, i came to spring you"

That's when Carlisle came round the corner and Bella's mouth fell open, i held back a laugh and just smirked "So Miss. Swan, how are you feeling?" He asked her.

"I'm fine" she said and i could tell she was starting to get impatient.

Carlisle walked over to the x-ray board on the wall above her head and turned it on. "Your x-rays look good. Does your head hurt? Edward said you hit it pretty hard."

"It's fine" she repeated with a sigh and gave me a quick scowl. Carlisle brushed his fingers around her head, gently pressing every now and then she winced.

"Tender?" Carlisle asked her immediately.

"Not really" she answered. This time i couldn't  help but laugh. She looked over at me and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Well, your father is in the waiting room- you can go home with him now. But come back if you feel dizzy or have trouble with your eyesight at all."

She pulled a face "Can't i go back to school?" What she wanted to go to school, don't people normally want to stay at home?

"Maybe you should take it easy today" Carlisle answered her.

She glanced over at me "Does he get to go to school?"

"Someone has to spread the news that we survived" i said with a smirk.

"Actually, most of the school seems to be in the waiting room" Carlisle said all of a sudden, i knew she would hate this.

"Oh no" she responded covering her face with her hands.

Carlisle raised his eyebrows "Do you want to stay?"

"No, no!" She said throwing her legs over the side of the bed and jumping up, a little to fast. She staggered and Carlisle had to catch her "I'm fine" she said seeing Carlisle's worried expression.

"Take some Tylenol for the pain" Carlisle told her as he steadied her.

"It doesn't hurt that bad" she told him.

"It looks like you were very lucky" he told her with a smile whilst signing her chart. He gave me a quick glance but she didn't notice.

"Lucky Edward happened to be standing right next to me" she said to him.

"Oh, well, yes" he said and walked over to Tyler's bed.

"Can i talk to you for a minute?" She hissed under her breath. I took a step back and my jaw clenched reflexively.

"Your father is waiting for you" i pointed out through my teeth.

She glanced towards Carlisle and Tyler deep in conversation. "I'd like to speak with you alone, if you don't mind" she pressed at me. I glared at her and turned around and walked down the long room out the door, as soon as we turned the corner i span around to face her.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed.

"You owe me an explanation." She pressed at me not sounding as severe as she probably hoped.

"I saved your life- i don't owe you anything" i corrected her with a bit too much resentment in my tone.

She flinched "You promised"

"Bella, you hit your head, you don't know what your talking about."

"Theres nothing wrong with my head!" She snapped at me.

"What do you want from me, Bella?" I asked glaring at her.

"I want to know the truth, i want to know why i'm lying for you" she told me as if it was obvious.

I started to get annoyed "What do you think happened?"

She rushed what she said next "All i know is that you weren't anywhere near me- Tyler didn't see you, either, so don't tell me i hit my head to hard. That van was going to crush us both- and it didn't, and your hands left dents in the side of it- and you left a dent in the other car, and your not hurt at all- and the van should have smashed my legs, but your were holding it up. . ."

I kept on staring at her "You think i lifted a van off you?" She just nodded at me. "Nobody will believe that, you know"

"I'm not going to tell anybody" she said each word slowly.

"Then why does it matter?" I asked confused now.

"It matters to me, i don't like to lie- so there better be a good reason y i'm doing it." She insisted.

"Can't you just thank me and get over it?" I asked her getting annoyed again.

"Thank you"

We just stood there waiting until i finally said "Your not going to let it go are you?"

"No"

"In that case. . . I hope you enjoy disappointment" we both stood there glaring at each other in silence.

She was the first one to speak this time " Why did you even bother?"

I froze for a second taking it in "I don't know" i said lying a little and turned my back and walked away. I bothered to save her life because if that van had crushed her, her blood would spill all over the parking lot and i wouldn't have been able to stop myself, stop myself from draining the rest of her blood right there right then. But it wasn't just that, i bothered because if she died i wouldn't  have been able to survive without her, no matter how annoyed she can make me.