Chapter 35-John

Caleb came back smiling, and why shouldn't he. They had came and found me, and got to kick some butt. I was hesitant about the needle when they first showed it to me, it had hurt at first and then an adrenaline rush had hit me like a truck.

"Hey, let's go get the others." Caleb said still smiling.

"Ok let's..." I started to say, but then the building rocked suddenly like there was an earthquake right under us.

I looked up and Caleb had his hand up to his ear and talking to someone. He must have a walkie talkie, but who is he talking to.

Suddenly Caleb's expression darkened. He looked at Shawn then at me. "Go get the others, me and Shawn will go outside, Hailey says there are people outside and we will want to see it."

Suddenly Caleb and Shawn was gone and I was left. I let out a breath that I had been holding in. The silence deafening. I grabbed the shadows and put them under my feet and started to sink into the darkness, and came out in the room of the hotel we rented.

Everyone turned at my entrance of falling from the ceiling. "We need to go." I said simply, and I turned the entire floor dark. Everyone started to fall through the darkness, I heard some screaming from the thrill of the fall, and came out in the street in front of the hotel.

One corner of the hotel was completely gone. I could see straight in to the lobby and where you can eat breakfast.

Caleb flashes up next to me. " Me and Shawn took care of the cameras all around the block, I got Hailey out of the building and she is a little confused still on what she saw, and Shawn made sure no one could get through and get hurt just in case." He said.

Thanks to Caleb's last comment I finally noticed the sirens in the distance, I had been busy staring at the hotel. " who or what do you think did this" I said to Caleb.

" I did of course." The reply didn't come from Caleb, or anyone else in the group, but from a boy standing on top of the ruble from the building. Two girls where next to him on the ruble.

Each had a weird color about their eyes, they where all orange, a very bright orange. And they had tracking bracelets on.

" Who are you?" Cody asked. The first to stop just staring and think.

" Oh that won't matter in a little bit" the girl on the left said with a little more enthusiasm than was normal.

"But if it will put you at peace, I am code name cell, my friend here that is happy all the time is code name tele, and his code name is chimera." The girl on the right said with a gloomy attitude.

" why do you only have code names, and why wouldn't it matter?" Cody asked for us again.

"Cause you are fixing to die silly." The girl on the left said with startling euphoria.

Suddenly tele wasn't there anymore but was behind Cody, swiftly did a spin kick, and was back where she was. " the doc said this was going to be fun, these guys are push overs." She said with a extremely fake sad face.

I noticed Caleb's presence again and he was trying to tell me something. "The people that helped us get away told us that they make some mutants they catch do there bidding for them. Telling from their orange eyes you bet they are being controlled."

"But she said she was going to have fun!" I had to control myself from yelling.

"An illusion of choice I bet, we just don't want to hurt them to badly." He said.

"I don't think the feeling is mutual." Cody said, listening in on the conversation.