Chapter 21- Caleb

I jolted up and in to a fighting stance. Where was I? Last thing I remember was flying across the room like my brother when he has bad tacos. This didn't look like the lab. It definitely wasn't as clean as the lab, there was a bucket next to me that was catching drips from the roof and there was dirt on the ground almost as thick as my finger.

I looked around some more. It looked like I was in an old factory. Most of the machines seemed to have been moved out but I could still tell where they had been. Then I noticed a glint in the corner of my eye. I turned and saw Madison leaning over Shawn. I walked over and looked at her, she was asleep because her chest was heaving slightly with every breath.

I tapped her shoulder and when she didn't stir I shook her a bit and she snapped to attention"WHAT WHAT DO YOU WANT!? Oh sorry I thought you were the other guys." She looked back down at Shawn.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"I really don't know, he was a picture of health, well except for him being knocked out, but at each floor we went past he got weaker and weaker."

"Wait what do you mean he was knocked out?"

"Yea, you where out for the whole thing, he got slapped across the room by a huge Irish man."

More questions than answers came with every sentence."I won't ask any more, just hold still." I reached my arm out to touch her temple and concentrated. Images flooded through my brain. Pictures of a crazy lady in a green dress and her friends coming out of the dust. I also saw Shawn get slapped across the room and Hailey running towards Madison.

I speed up the memory and stopped on the elevator. Shawn was getting paler and paler in the big mans arms. Then I felt a wave of emotion from the memory, this hasn't happened before. Usually I can only see memories not what the persons emotions where.

I took a deep breath and came back to reality. Madison was looking into my face."What did you do?"

"I took a peek at your memories, it is a new trick I just picked up." I wiped a tear that was running down my face and looked at it. "Only this time I also felt the emotions of the person." It was a stronger wave than I thought. "Wait what happened to Hailey, she was running towards you."

She looked up at me sadly, she pointed over by a machine. "another person that was added to this prison of war."

I ran over to her at a jog. I looked down at her and noticed that she had been placed carefully to where her head had a nice place to lay. "what happened to her."

"Same as you. If you looked into my memories you should have seen the lady in the dress, she did it. She some how knocked both of you out with one swish of her beam or a touch with her hand."

I turned my attention back to Hailey. I shook her and it woke her up. Again she opened her mouth to scream but when she did nothing happened. "My voice." Her voice was horse and it didn't sound like it was going to get any better.

"What happened to her?" I asked Madison.

"No clue, it might me a side affect of the toxins in the lady's beam or touch. Can you use your powers?"

I looked down at my hand and tried to make a simple spark. Nothing happened. I tried to run fast but I only went a couple of feet.

Great! We have two superhumans that can't use their powers. Another one that is down for the count. The only one that can use her powers is the healer. how are we supposed to get out!

Just then the door started to rattle on the other side of the building. Then I heard the unmistakeable sound of a lock clicking into place.