chapter 2-Caleb

"Allright, I'm leaving "mom called from the living room. I stepped out of my room and went to hug her. When I finished she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, because we were about the same height. Then gave me some money for  donuts and proceeded out the door leading to the garage.

I was almost back to my room when Jacob called out from his  " will you go start my truck, please " Jacob is only known for his manners when he wants something. I walked up to the bowl near the door, put on my jacket, grabbed the keys and walked out the door to start the truck. Unlike my mom's car, my car and the truck was actually outside sitting in the cold not sitting under the garage.

It was a cold morning but all the signs showed that I could possibly turn into a beautiful day. Frost was beginning to melt from the newly green grass and the sun shown through the clouds. An absence of a breeze made the cold seem bearable. I might have had no need for a jacket.

I started the truck anyway. When I finished I went back to my room to try and watch my shows but I remembered that the Tv might be broken and I didn't want to know and add more to my mothers already filling plate. I looked at my phone instead.

Around 7:15 Jacob called that it was about the time I should leave if I wanted to stop for donuts. Grudgingly I decided he was right, so I left my room and dragged my self out of the door.

When I shut the door to my car I realized I should have started my car as well. My assessment of the weather did not oblige inside of the vehicle. I made sure hot air would blow as soon as possible and that my preferred music would resound from the speakers. When I decided I was all set I pulled out of the drive way and headed toward what I figured was a day of torment.

The only bright spot foreseeable was the donuts that I looked forward to all the way to the shop and all the way to school where I would promptly devour them.

I ate the donuts on the walk from the parking lot to the building. It wasn't a long walk and dogwoods grew along the path so it wasn't all bad.

Students were already sitting down at tables in the cafeteria. It was the designated spot we had to gather in the mornings, but I detested it. It got way too noisy and hot when everyone started to pour in.

So instead of sitting down I kept walking and went into the library. Even though the library is supposed to be a quite place me and some friends sit on the couches and talk because the librarian dosn't really care.

When I walked through the door I saw my friend John sitting on one of the couches looking at his phone. A surprise considering he is usually last to show up. When he spotted me he put down his phone and grinned.

John was blonde and had it shaved on the sides and long on top. So with the help of gel he could style it into the stereotypical soccer haircut. His blue eyes gleamed from his sharp featured face. The rest of him was all points and angles. He was skinning as a pole and as tall as one too. Though not from the lack of trying. He eats everything and it all just seems to disappear.

We have known each other for almost our whole lives. We were sent to a teachers kids daycare and met each other when we were four. We have a weird friendship because we are both very competative and end up arguing if we are on different teams. We always end up making up like it didn't happen though.

"What you been up to retard" I said just to get under his skin. He caught my bluff and responded coolly.

"Not much what about you?"

"Toaster blew out so I got to get Donuts."

"you are so lucky you-" but he stopped himself when the librarian stuck out her head from her office.

"Caleb, will you come help me with something" the librarian's name was Mrs. England and she adored me.

"Sure what cha need?" I replied.

"Can you find a book for me I need to make a call." She told me the book and I went to search for it.

While I was looking for the book John turned around and asked "So how is it going with Tessa." John always knows how to press my buttons and I could tell my face was red by the way he was smiling. I have a crush on Tessa and he knows I don't have enough guts to go talk. I could talk to anyone in the school without a single sign of anxiety, but with her it was over as soon as I tried to approach.

I was about to reply with something snappy when the lights winked out. "Really! again!" I yelled, forgetting where I was.