Chapter 32-Caleb

We walked into the hotel room that we all shared. Hailey was waiting on the couch looking out the window into the blue ocean. She turned toward us as we entered. Me and Shawn had done our jobs but with nothing to show for it. After we got our selves together I had followed John to his hotel. We had gotten their door number and I even snatched a key from the front desk. "how are you guys doing?" She asked with her face in a frown. It looked unnatural on her. She always has a smile on her face.

"Fine, Just fine." Shawn said as he walked back to his part of the hotel room.

"I saw everything Caleb, but I couldn't hear that far away." She said in a solemn tone.

"That is just it, you shouldn't even be able to see that far, I shouldn't be able to run super fast, Shawn shouldn't be able to do the things he does. If we didn't have our powers none of this would have happened!" I said shaking my head as I sat down on the other side of the couch. "I would still be home, and I would still have John by my side." I said getting quieter at the end.

She scooted over next to me and laid a hand on my back. "Caleb, our powers make us who we are." Her voice getting a little stern. "We will push through and get the others, but I can't with out you."

"Of course you can't, I'm the best there is." I said and I couldn't help but smile. I but my head on the back of the couch and sighed."Curse my happy attitude, sometimes I wish I wasn't as energetic and perky as I am. It would be much easier to just sit and complain." I said. Hailey smiled and just shook her at me.

"Are you going to tell me about what happened?" She said.

I started at the helicopter problem and went from there, and then ended on me going to the hotel and getting a key. "Now you know what happened what are we going to do about it." Shawn said. He was standing in the door way and I wondered how long he had been there.

"Well we shouldn't do anything without Madison, where is she anyway?" I said starting at Shawn and moving the questions at Hailey.

"Something came up with some of Smoke's associates. I really hope Veronica got into a bind, I really don't like her." she said with venom coming from the last few words.

"So we are on our own. This time we do what ever it takes to get them back, no rules, no not showing powers, no hold backs." I said, and maybe slamming the table as I spoke. They both nodded their agreement. "What is the game plan?"

"How about, get in their and take out anyone who gets in the way." Shawn said, his face was set with a scowl and his eyes flaring.

"That is a excellent plan." I smirk coming to my face. I saw Hailey look at both of us and lean back a little bit. She had not been their like me and Shawn, she didn't have the feeling that we had. I felt a bolt of electricity run down my arm from my excitement. I could feel rage and power. It might be a replay of my rage like in the warehouse. I was about to get to have some fun.