Chapter 23-Shawn

I woke up and my back was in pain, well pretty much everything was in pain. I was on a metal table. I looked up and saw Caleb. Fear was on his face, pure horror. I have hardly ever seen Caleb scared, his dad was a cop so most of the time he acts like he can do anything. Then I looked down at Maddison. Her hands were shaking and they gave no sign of stopping. She looked like she had been crying or tired, or just both.

Then I heard it. A door had just been opened, but I couldn't look up to see where because of the pain. I heard foot steps coming my way.

"Vat are you children doing just lying around, and vy haven't you healed him yet." I recognized the voice. It was the crazy lady from the building. Wait where are we!

Maddison turned to me. Tears started to form in her eyes. "I can't! I have tried, my powers just won't go that far."

"Do it, I vas hoping to save it." Said the lady. Then I saw an Asian man in a gray suit step up to Madison and grab her arm. She tried to resist but she was to tired. The man pulled out a syringe with red goo and injected it into her arm.

About five seconds later she started to shake. Her skin looked like it was starting to glow. She was giving off some kind of aura. Then I felt the pain start to go away.I looked down at the ground, a flower started to grow supper fast out of the ground like months were passing.

I got up and off the table and looked at Caleb. His look of horror was turning into a horrible grin. He looked really scary. The man started to explain to Madison what had happened. "what I just injected you with was what you would call a steroid shot for superhumans. It speeds up the process in which you learn new powers."

When he was finished a lightning bolt shot across his face and hit the Russian sounding lady in the chest. It looked like she was down for the count. Then he speed by and upper cutted the huge Irish man. But it only made him stumble back. He got out of his stumble and grabbed Caleb with two hands and holding him off the ground to where he couldn't move. Caleb struggled for a second but he was in a rampage. He gave out a war cry and I saw electricity run down Caleb's body and shock the giant man. He kept up the war cry and the shock until the man was forced to let go. The man followed by falling down backwards onto the concrete floor. Caleb looked up for his next target and locked onto the African American lady. She readied two of her balls of light for when he ran at her.

She hardly had enough time to blink before he had ran up to her and did a flying kick in the air even before he had stopped his run. When it connected she went flying backward and he slid to a stop like he was sliding into base in a baseball game. He stood up and let out a big huff. "That is for hurting my friends." But he let his guard down too quick and smoke started to accumulate behind him and the Asian man appeared out of the smoke with a different syringe and injected it into Caleb's neck. He slumped into the mans arms and I saw Caleb's body relax in his arms from the injection.

The man looked me."Would you please come help me with your friend." Both me and Hailey ran over and took Caleb. At least the man had said please. He seemed the nicest out of the group. "Come and bring him over here, we need to talk before more if this happens." We laid Caleb on the table where I had been a few moments ago. The man pulled up a Chair and sat down. "Please sit down, this may take a moment."