Chapter 13-John

I am so late, I thought to my self. My mom had dropped me off on the wrong side of the campus. I had been waiting then I realized that the bus wasn't going to come at the front of the school so now I'm running to the back to the power house. I started thinking about the inside of the place, the wood floor and actually being there. Then all of a sudden I felt a falling sensation, and everything was dark for a second. then I was blinded by light and was free falling in the power house. I was screaming my head off, then I felt something wet surround me and slow my falling. I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't choke.

Soon I was at a stop and the water started spilling off of me. After choking on the air for a second I looked up and the water was moving by itself. it was rising up into a moving blob of water. soon all the water was in the blob and it started to harden and get color. Then Andrew the twin was standing in front of me watching me with my mouth open gawking at him.

I jumped up "dude I think you were in my mouth that is nasty."

He rolled his eyes "you could say thank you Andrew for saving my life."

"Whatever, thanks but still that is nasty you were in my mouth."

He turned and went back to whatever he was doing before I feel from the ceiling. I suddenly felt really cold. my clothes were soaking wet and I had no change.

Then a girl came up to me. She looked at me and smiled. It was Josie laughing at my dilemma.She had blonde hair with Dark blue eyes, her hair had little curles in it."Hold still I can help" She said. She hold out her hands and they started to glow. They soon became little heaters and was drying my clothes. A minute later my clothes were dried but a little wrinkled.

"Thanks for helping"I said as she walked away and went back to talking to the others.

The door opened and a breeze came in. Then Caleb was next to me,he must have been the breeze.I turned to him"Do I smell something burning"

He looked at me"It is most likely my shoes, it happens with a lot of friction." he said with a cool tone like it was just his normal. He must have ran all the way from his house to here.

The doc was late and there was nothing to do so I was left with my thoughts. Caleb was flipping around from conversation to conversation. I began to think about how I had managed to fall from thirty feet up. I was out side one minute thinking about in here then I was falling. Maybe if I ...I closed my eyes and thought about my room at home. When I opened nothing had happened. Stupid me, my powers work with shadows and that's why there was darkness. I walked over to a corner of the room and made sure no be was watching. When I was sure, I thought about my room and thrust my hand into the shadows of the corner.My hand gentle slid through the wall. I was in awe. I made sure no one was looking and put my head into the odd wall. I saw my bed and my dresser, I heard my brother yelling in the hall out side my room. I pulled my head back out and looked around,no one had seen anything.

Then there was a flash of color and Caleb was in front of me. "What are you doing in the corner?" He asked. Good he hadn't seen anything either.

"Nothing I'm just standing over here all alone, by myself."

That didn't help he raised one eyebrow. "yea ok if you say so."

I need to get him off my back. think of something. I looked around at the groups of people. My good fortune was astounding. "When you going to go talk to Ashlyn?" I asked.He blushed so fast it was like I had set a fire under him.

"I don't know, I have been avoiding her." This was not normal for Caleb. He is one of those guys that talks all the time. He will talk to almost anyone just to keep something going. He will literally go down the hallway and jump into a conversation. then when those people leave he will jump into another one. It almost seemed like he was afraid of silence.

"Now is as good a time as ever, so go talk to her." He turned around and at that moment the doc walked into the doors. Saved by the bell. This bell wore a white lab coat and wore a smile that looked like it was plastered on.

"All right it looks like everybody is here" he said. "That means that we can get in the road." He led us out of the doors and out to the parking lots. Once we were outside we looked upon a huge blue bus. It wasn't one of those crappy school busses it was one of the expensive ones that have like screens in them and comfortable seats.He still wore the plastered smile "only the best for my special Eagles."