Chapter 34-Hailey

"I am almost in position." I whispered into my com system. I was around the corner from the security office in the hotel where the others were staying. There were two guards outside the door. I got myself ready, I straightened my clothes and fixed my hair and took a deep breath. I then stepped out from the corner. "Um, can one of you help me please." I said in my most innocent voice.

The guards stepped forward and looked down at me. "What do you need, sweetie?" The right one asked with a smile. Ugh, I thought, I might kick him extra harder if I get the chance, I am not tolerating sweetie.

"Um could you help me find some head ach medicine." I said in my innocent voice again.

"Um ok, there might be some in here." The left one said turning around to the office.

"You know, for when you wake up." I said with a devilish smile and still in my innocent voice. Then, the right one lost his smile, and the left turned back around. I then jumped into action, I did a spin kick on the right one sending him into the other not letting him do anything. They both started to get back up but I swiftly kicked the left one in the face putting him back down. The right got fully back up still a little dazed and I jumped and shoved off the wall slamming my fist down onto his face knocking him out. "Who is the sweetie now." I said shaking my fist in the air from the tingle in my hand.

I dragged the two guards into the the closet that was right next to the security office. Before closing the door I made sure that they were wrapped up and couldn't get a word out.

I walked up to the security office with duck tape in hand from the closet. I knocked on the door and from inside someone yelled "What do you want?" It sounded like he was eating. I knocked again making the guy mad and making him get up and come to the door. We were lucky, there were no cameras down here, so all he saw was a little girl coming down here. When he finally got to the door and opened it, I had a million dollar smile and he had a mouth full of food. He was a little bit of a round man so I see why he was down here. "what???" He said shooting a little spittle my way.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to ask a question...Does this hurt?" Before he could get anything out I punched him in the head, sending him falling back like a plank. I had to restrain myself from yelling timber while he fell. I then started laughing to myself about my joke.

I started to drag him farther into the office, grunting all the way. I finally just gave up and duct taped him up where I had him. I let out a a big breath and looked around. It was just a little bigger than the closet. It had the monitors, a comfy chair, and a little fridge on the side. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a soda from inside. Then I walked over to the chair and kicked up my feet on the desk with the monitors and sipped on my drink.

"I am at my post L and Hypnos. I am the eyes... everywhere." I said.

"Good, me and Hypnos are good to go, we just need the go ahead." Caleb said.

I checked the cameras, I saw Caleb on one side of the lobby near a door that leads to stairs, and Shawn with brief case in hand by another stair well entrance. "It looks like the docs friends are already here. There are some already on the fourth, sixth, and eighth floor." I said, and Caleb turned to the door and started to lightly jog up the stairs. Shawn, though, turned to the elevators and strode over and climbed in. "There are two patrols on each floor I listed, so be ready."

Caleb came out of the stair well on the fourth floor. The men had their backs to him. Shawn on the other hand opened the elevator door and was greeted with gun barrels. They shot one single knock out dart, but Shawn simply stopped it in mid air, then nodded his head and they all fell asleep. He closed the door and began his assent.

Caleb had just walked up on the back man in the group and touched his shoulder."Um, what are yal doing?" Caleb had forgotten to turn off his mike. The man turned around.

"We are hunting some superhumans." I read the man's lips. "Wait." But by that time, Caleb had his fist brought back and he let the man have it. The man crumpled. The other four turned around put Caleb had the mans dart gun, and shot the first one, slammed the but of the gun into the next, spin kicked the next, and then slammed his fist into the last ones stomach sending him doubling over and finally finished with a knee to the face. All in less than five seconds.

I turned back to Shawn and he was stepping out of the elevator on the sixth floor. The men were trailing the side of the wall toward Shawn. They looked up but Shawn swung his hand in the air like swatting a fly and sent the men into the wall. He then stepped back into the elevator without it getting close to closing. "Where are you at L, I'm at the last group." Shawn said.

"I am coming up behind the second group." Caleb said, and I saw him appear on the sixth floor behind the men.

"Ha, and they say your the fast one, I'm on the last group." Shawn said mockingly.

"Not for long." Caleb said, shoving his hand toward the ceiling. Making electricity fall from the lights charging him. He then shoved his hand toward the men and shocked all of them making smoke come off of their suits when they where knocked out and kissing the floor. He then speed away up the stairs to the next group right as Shawn was stepping out of the elevator.

Shawn wasn't lucky this time, the men were no where to be seen when he stepped out. "Hypnos go to your right, L go straight." I said to both. Caleb speed ahead and took out his guards in a blink and ran to the elevator Shawn was just at.

Shawn found his men, waved his hand and sent them to sleep. I couldn't help but think that it was the most boring take down ever. He walked back to the elevator with the brief case still in hand. He got to the elevator to find Caleb leaning against the wall smiling.

Shawn shook his head and pressed the up button. There were two suites on the top floor, and one of them was rented out by a Mr. John Power. So now Caleb and Shawn where riding the elevator up to that suite.

The elevator finally opened, but when they where about to step out they noticed a skinny boy with blonde hair waiting patiently for the elevator. IT WAS JOHN. All three of the boys eyes widened. John was lifting up his hands but Shawn jumped out of the elevator and pinned him down. Once he had him he dragged him in the elevator, and Caleb slammed his fist into the close door button.

When the doors closed Caleb walked over trying to calm John down. Then the cameras blacked out. I was blind. After a minute the cameras came back on, Caleb had his sun glasses off and was looking at John in the eye. He then tapped Shawn's shoulder, and he released John. I was dying to know what they were saying but the cameras didn't have audio. John first hugged Shawn, then while he was hugging Caleb, Shawn reached down and opened the case. Inside was one simple package. It was a needle. Shawn held it up to John and after a moment John nodded. Shawn handed the needle to Caleb, and without hesitation he jabbed it in John's neck.

They both stepped back while John crumpled to the floor. He had some spasms then stopped. His eyes flew open and he stood up. His irises, pure black.

Suddenly the radio on the desk next to me came alive. "Group one to security office, come in." Crap I thought. I thought back to when the man had yelled at me from inside.

I focused on that and spoke. "Security office reads you, what happened." I said, my voice mimicking the man on the ground.

"We were hit hard by a kid. Where were you, did you not see it?" He said.

"I was on my lunch brake." I said, still in a deep voice. I then looked up and saw men getting up on the fourth floor in the monitors. "L we have a problem. There are men getting up on the fourth floor." I said in my regular voice. I looked back at the elevator screen. The door just opened again on the top floor. He relayed the info to John and Shawn, they both nodded and Caleb zoomed off.

The men on the fourth floor a second later fell to the floor out like lights again. I saw a flash of color next to the rest of the groups. I guess Caleb was giving the others an extra jolt to keep them down.

I leaned back into my chair, kicked my feet back up on the desk and sipped my soda, I love a victory.