Chapter 29-Caleb

We walked up to the condo we where staying in. Mr. Smoke was waiting for us at the door. "Come on. We need to begin planning." We walked into the living room. "But first you need to take the steroid shot."

"What why? We don't need it."I said.

"For the plan we do."

"How do you know what will happen?" Hailey stepped in.

"I took some files when we hit the hospital, and we have done some stuff ourselves. We have a good idea of what will happen." He turned and took out a case, inside where three syringes. I took one hesitantly. Then Shawn and Hailey followed suit. I felt for the place on my neck where I got injected with sedative. I found it and put the needle in and pulled down the plunger. I felt the cold liquid at first then it disappeared . I dropped to the floor and I didn't have control over my body. I saw that electric tendrils where coming off my body like prominences from the sun. I started to spasm, I closed my eyes, it would have been easier if I had just blacked out. Then it stopped, I laid there for a second and just breathed. Suddenly it was like a light turned on in my brain, I looked and could see what I could do now, it was as easy as opening a box and seeing the treasures inside. The things I could do seemed amazing, I wonder what the others could do.

I opened my eyes and got up. Shawn was up already and Mr. Smoke was sitting in a chair calmly. Hailey got up as well. "Now to go over the plan." Smoke said.

"It was amazing, I can't really describe it with words, I had now idea what I could do and now I suddenly can." Hailey said amazed.

"Your powers you had before will get stronger as well." Smoke said adding to her excitement. He was pulling out a map that had stuff marked on it. "He pointed to an airstrip"This is where they are landing. Hailey you will be stationed here and will supervise and guide."He said pointing to a building. He then pulled small skin colored ear pieces and wrist bands ."You will communicate with these. They are high tech, you listen from the ear piece and talk into the wrist band. Got it." He didn't stop."Caleb your job is to take out the agents that the military will send after them, Hailey will find them and guide you to them. Shawn you will retrieve them but you will have to take out the closest agents first, they will most likely have them in custody already. " He turned to Madison." You will be in the van with me, on the bench, but you could grow some vines to keep someone from following if needed."

"What about your three friends, where they going to be?" Madison asked.

"They will be getting ready for your arrival. Are you all ready." He asked looking around at the bunch.

"Wait, we should have code names to use on the radios." Hailey said excited.

"Why, We really don't need them." I said.

"Oh come on, we might get taped or something. Come on." she pleaded.

"Fine, what are they?" I conceded.

"Um, I could be Supersonic." She said.

"I have the Lightning and I'm as fast as the Flash, I could be LightningFlash."

"Catchy."She said with almost a hint of sarcasm.

"Shawn, what about you?" I thought of names and came to my knowledge of Greek mythology. "You could be Hypnos, he was the Greek god for sleep." He nodded at the suggestion.

"I guess that would be ok." He said.

Hailey turned to Madison."What about you?" She said,a look of concentration on her face.

"But I won't be in the field." Madison said.

"So, it will be cool, come on." Hailey said.

"Fine." Madison said, giving in.

"Hey what about miracle grow." I said laughing a bit. But I didn't get away with it, Madison turned and slapped me in the chest.

"Not miracle grow, what about just Miracle." Hailey said.

"I like it."Madison said.

"Ok, so we are Supersonic, Hypnos, Miracle, and LightningFlash." I said pointing at them at each name. But when I said mine Hailey started laughing. "what I kind of like it, if you want to just call me L."