Chapter 22-Cody

I looked up and saw John coming my way. "Is Austen up yet." he asked. I pointed my thumb behind me where Austen was at the fall in. He was checking to see if he could punch through. He clomped past me. His jaw was set and I could tell he was mad about something. I turned on my heel and jogged to him.

"What happened."I asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." He said with a hint of disapproval.

I grabbed his arm as it swung back."Think this through, we don't even know where we would go!"

He stopped and looked at his feet.Then he looked back up at the doc."No, but I do know where to ask for directions." He started towards him. "Hey, we need answers, who was that?" He yelled when he was half way there.

The doc turned his head toward John. He gave him a smile like an adult gives a child when he makes a dumb mistake. "Why should I tell you that? I see no reason." he said flat out smugly. All John gave as a reply was a stern look. "fine, her name was Veronica. That is all I am telling you."

"Thanks for the help." John said sarcastically. He turned and started to walk down what I thought was a random hallway.

"Where are you going now?"

"To find a computer. Surely they have files on her."

"Oh, ok."

We got to a door that had Cartridge written on it. The door was unlocked so we invited ourselves in. Inside there was one windows computer and tons of monitors for the cameras. I walked up to the computer and shook the mouse for it to start up again. The computer desk top was simple. There was a camera symbol and three folders. The folders was named Test, Images, and cleaning magazines. "First times a charm, let's go with folder number one."

"That's not how the saying goes." He said. I shrugged my shoulders at him.

There was a search bar at the top when it loaded. I typed in Veronica. One search came up."Dude this guy needs to like put something on here, this was to easy." I clicked on it. The article popped up and it talked about a Russian researcher that was the only survivor in a poison out brake. Then I saw it. The lab was in California . Guess I better start getting sun lotion because we are going to the beach.