Part 33

A month had passed since the actual battle between Josiph and Lucian, and although everyone still asked questions about what had actually happened that night no one seemed to complain about the outcome. Lucian is dead thanks to that night, which means that everyone is free including Kiana and Lucas. She is not able to find her one true mate in the following years. We don't know where he is at the moment, but hopefully one day we will find him, and hopefully he will accept her like everyone else has. Lucas on the other hand is not able to continue with the adoption with Tyler, and one day soon bring him home.

As for Lucian's pack the beta has taken control. His name was Shane and he only recently joined the pack two years ago. He also explained that the only reason why he took on the role of being beta was because the old beta had been killed in a battle against Lucian. He now has complete control of the pack. Lucas talked to him about that, and told him that if he planned on having others in the pack actually like him he would have to be nice to them. They are to be his family if he wants any chance at all.

Luckily Shane agreed to that and since the battle he changed everything in the pack. Members now enjoy being in the pack rather than fearing it every day of their lives. They have learned to love and trust one another as well. SHane also added some things he learned in the Belmont Bay pack, and who's involved the pack runs and festivities every full moon. It was a complete shock watching the pack do a complete 180 since the battle, and many still came over to thank Josiph for his courage in going up against Lucian when no one else would. However, there is just one drawback in all of this.

Josiph is not with the pack.

He isn't dead of course, but for the past month he has been in a coma state which no doctor is certain will end. According to doctors it is believed that it could last for many months, and that everyone should give him all the time he needed to heal. "His body still needs time to heal." The doctors would tell Lucas again and again like a broken record player and so Lucas waited.

Like most nights Lucas sat next to Josiph's bed in the hospital wing watching as he slowly healed. His hand would sit gently in Lucas's hand still unmoving and almost lifeless. Some of Josiph's wounds were still visible, but those weren't the ones doctors were worried about most. Instead, doctors worried about the internal wounds. His rib had snapped and punctured his lung almost causing his death. The x-ray from the night before showed that it was his healing growth has excelled, but doctors were still not sure when the healing would end. They believed that once his lung had fully healed properly and he was able to breath on his own again we would wake up. It was only hope that it would work.

There was also those nights where things seemed the worst. Josiph's heart would stop beating during some nights and Lucas would freak out as his heart had to be started again by doctors. It was a long process and so far it happened three times during the month. A month which Lucas now called the worst in his life.

He would cry by Josiph's side and talk to him while they would charge his heart back. When things didn't seem good doctors would drag Lucas out of the room against his will as he screamed about not wanting to lose Josiph. Minutes later Josiph's heart would start again and his breathing would come back.

"You can't stay in here forever Lucas," Kiana said from behind Lucas one night. She had been standing silently behind him the whole time since entering the hospital wing thirty minutes ago.

"I want to make sure that he is alright." Lucas sighed squeezing Josiph's warm hand. His pulse beat calmly against his palm and Lucas smiled.

"You know he is okay."

"But what if he wakes up?" Lucas asking facing her for a split second before turning back to Josiph. "I want him to wake up knowing that I am here."