Part 27

After Lucian left the field Josiph and Lucas waited a few minutes and followed his scent making sure he was actually out of the territory. The two also ran the perimeter of the territory to make sure that Lucian didn't try getting into the pack in another section. When they were satisfied that Lucian was not around any longer they made their way back to the house.

The first sounds heard when walking up the path to the alpha house was Kiana speaking to someone in the house. "What's taking them so long?" she said just as the floorboards began squeaking under her footsteps.

"It hasn't even been that long Kiana," Steve was telling her from somewhere close by.

"Well it sure feels like" Kiana started saying just as Josiph took the first steps up the porch. The boards groaned in protest as his weight settled into them, and only seconds later was the front door opened. Kiana glaring at the both of them. "What took you so long!?" She asked with her arms crossed over her chest.

"We couldn't just walk away," Lucas replied rolling his eyes as the two passed her.

She closed the door behind them and once closed she turned and faced them, "What did Lucian say?"

No one said anything and instead Josiph moved to the door frame near the living room and leaned against it with his hands in his pockets. He was looking to the ground and seemed to show no emotions at all even when his werewolf screamed every thought possible.

"Just that he wants you and that he is going to get you." Lucas replied to her.

Kiana laughed before replying."Over my dead body he will."

"More like over mine," Josiph replied looking up to Kiana for the first time. His eyes showed his fear. "Has has claimed a fight with me and the fight is in a few weeks."

"The full moon?" Kiana whispered softly.

Josiph nodded. "Yes he will be bringing a couple of werewolves from his pack to watch the fight, and to make sure everything goes as it should." He paused before walking into the middle of the room. "The fight will take place after the new wolves have taken their transformation, and will go on until either one of us is dead, or has given up."

"Then what?" Kiana asked.

"If I win then Lucian will not bother any of you anymore," Josiph explained. "If I lose however then you must leave or be taken captive by Lucian himself" He stopped for a heartbeat watching everyone before going on. "A meeting will need to be scheduled to inform the rest of the pack of the upcoming events."

Everyone nodded in understanding but said nothing until later that night when Kiana and Steve left to go home. It was at that moment that Derek actually spoke up. "You don't always have to be a rock in the group, Josiph."

"I'm not being a rock." Josiph asserted. "I'm being an alpha. the one who is suppose to take care of everyone in the pack no matter what the outcome turns out to be." He ran his hand through his hair with a sigh before going on, "the one who is suppose to stand up for everyone. I am to make sure that nothing happens to them, and I am not trying to be an emotionless rock, but the protector of this pack."

"You are being a rock though Josiph," Lucas replied. "I can raed your head or did you forget? Inside you are screaming, but right now you are not."

"I am okay." Josiph replied. "Everything is alright."

"That is where you are wrong." Derek replied.

Lucas spoke then before Josiph had the chance to, "Once in awhile you should allow someone to take care of you rather than you taking care of them." He moved closer to Josiph then before going on, "You might be the alpha, but even an alpha will break down at some point."