Part 8

Derek brought the three of them to a beautiful house not to far from where they had entered in from. In the front, old stone brick steps led up to a sky, blue porch with bright white columns on either side of it. The columns were white marble, and went well with the rest of the white on the railings. The rest of the house was also in the same gorgeous sky blue color, which even included the balcony on the second floor. There was only one balcony on the front of the house that led through glass doors and into the balcony.

Both Steve and Lucas knew that Kiana would be fighting over that bedroom, and she wouldn't give up until she got it either.

The group even went around the house where the pouch continued all the way around to the back porch. At the back porch the steps went down leading directly into the woods behind. And at the very top of the house a small chimney allowed smoke to leave the house. The chimney was made out of dark brown bricks, and looked freshly made.

"It isn't all that much, but it's still a pretty good place," Derek said to Kiana who smiled.

"No." She shook her head. "It's great actually. Way better than where we had been staying lately anyways," she said with a laugh. "Would you be able to show us around inside?"

Derek nodded. "I was already planning on doing that." He grinned. "Besides after we are done here we will head back to the alpha's house and grab some dinner. Josiph's mom is an amazing cook, and I'm sure you will love whatever she makes."

"I'm sure we will! It going to be so nice to have a home-cooked meal instead of fast food for once!"

"Like you ever complained Kiana," Steve said, rolling his eyes and coming up behind her. He wrapped his arm protectively around her and give her a kiss on the cheek. The one thing about both Kiana and Steve was how the two acted together. Steve was more of the protective type, while Kiana hated being protected which could be seen when she pushed him away and glared at him.

Derek on the other hand didn't get the hint and he looked rather upset with what had just gone on in front of him.

"You don't have to worry, Derek. They have been acting like this since they were very little," Lucas spoke.

He smiled, before turning around and heading up the stairs. "Anyways, let's get started. And just warning you guys, I'm pretty sure that you will not be using all of the rooms in the house."

"Why is that?" Steve asked.

Derek smiled. "This house has four bedroom, and four bathrooms. There is a kitchen, with a pretty decent sized dining room and living room. We also have a room for an office just in case it is needed." He looked up at the house before going on. "The house was normally built for guests or families who were just starting out. It was a place a new family could go before getting their own home. Don't worry though, because when the couples move out they take everything from the room they had used, and we just replace it. We use that as a welcoming gift for the new families even when most never actually used the house."

"When was the last time the house was used?" Steve probed, walking up the steps and following Derek with Kiana in his arms. She followed reluctantly and kept trying to move away from him.

"The house was actually last used about two years ago," Derek replied. "We had a new member join the pack at that time and his mate didn't have a house of their own yet. She was still living with her own family, but once the two bonded they decided after about six months that they needed their own place. Of course it would take them a long time just to build their new home on their own so everyone in the pack helped out. They stayed here for about two months and then moved right into their new home."