Part 12

Josiph lead the group up the path to the front door of the school. Kiana was directly behind him eager to enter, while both Lucas and Steve stayed back a few steps.

"Is she alright?" Josiph asked Lucas after watching Kiana jump up and down in excitement. It was as if she had just opened up the best birthday present in the world.

Lucas laughed. "Yes, she is alright. When we were little we were never allowed near a school. Let alone allowed to attend one."

"Why not?" Josiph asked his brow arching.

"It was our parents rules. We had been home schooled most of our lives. That of course ended when we hit puberty. From then on we were treated like adults, and the alpha of our pack. When my father lost the pack that changed." Lucas replied, but behind him Steve said nothing.

"Have you ever been to school, Steve?" Josiph then asked.

Steve nodded, "Yeah, I went to the mortal school in town, but after my first transformation I had to drop out. I was only eleven, and was the youngest in our pack to turn wolf. Except for Kiana and Lucas that is. They turned before I even did," he said only to be elbowed by Lucas who stood beside him.

"When did you two turn werewolf?" Josiph asked in surprise.

Glaring at Steve for even opening his mouth Lucas answered, "I turned into a werewolf when I was nine years old. Kiana followed two years later and she too was only nine. We were the youngest in the pack."

"But that's way before puberty." Josiph's eyes widened in surprise.

"I know, but it ran in our family for years. We don't know why." Lucas replied. His eyes twinkled with the lie he spoke but Josiph didn't say anything. "Steve turning at eleven was a surprise to everyone, but again we couldn't figure out why it happened."

Josiph nodded, "Could it be in your gene? I mean you turning early, could that be why it happens?"

"It could be yes, but we never really cared." Lucas replied with a shrug.

Josiph nodded, "Let's continue our journey. Welcome to the werewolf school." Opening the door to the school Josiph walked in followed by Kiana and the rest of the group. When everyone was in and the door was closed Josiph walked the group down the right hallway. "This is our four to six year old children." Josiph said after reaching the edge of the hallway and pointing to the door on the left.

Kiana was the first to walk up to the door and peer in, and when she pulled away she had a big smile on her face when seeing the young children in the room. The group of kids were sitting at the table learning to read and write with their teacher. "Can we go in?" Kiana then asked looking hopeful as she backed away.

Josiph laughed looking into the room, "We would have to ask the teacher to be honest. It is the one time where the teachers have more control than the alpha does. When teaching they have all rights, except in a case of an emergency."

"Oh." Her voice sounded defeated, and almost like she was giving up.

Josiph sighed, "Give me a second. I'll ask the teacher." Kiana smiled as Josiph turned back to the door and opened it quietly.

It wasn't long before Ms. Blackbird noticed that the door was opened and she walked over with a smile. "What can I do for you, sir?" She whispered her head sticking out of the door as she blocked the students in her class.

"We have a few new members of the pack and they were wondering if it would be okay to come into your classroom for a little bit. I am showing them around, and they have never been in a werewolf school before." Josiph explained to her.