Part 5

It was ten o'clock at night and Josiph was sitting in his office yet again filling out more paperwork. The left corner of his desk had a stack of paperwork for all the houses on the territory, while on the right was a stack of paper for the property itself. He also had a small lamp on the right side of his desk and it was being used to keep the paper in front of him lit. It was one task that had to be done, or the pack would lose not only their territory, but also all of their homes. For humans this was known as tax season, for wolves it was known as a pain in the butt. Half way through the paperwork, Paul came in wearing nothing but a pair of shorts.

"We have found them," was his only answer. At the words Josiph lifted his head with his pen in hand.

"Where?" Josiph asked, standing quickly. The wooden chair that had been under him was pushed back making a loud squeak when wood scratched wood.

"It took some time but they have been located on the east side of the territory about a mile away from the end of our territory."

Josiph nodded. "Call for a meeting immediately. We need to discuss what we should do about these-" He stopped mid-sentence as he tried to figure out the correct word to say. Guests would not work considering none of them were invited onto the territory, but not many other words could be used. "Intruders," Josiph finally settled with in the end even though he seemed to question that word.

"You've got it my son." Paul smiled.

"I will be down in five minutes. I just want to finish the last bit of paperwork for the night," Josiph replied, and sat back down and pulling his chair in with a squeak before getting back to work.

"Okay," was his reply before he turned away and walked out the door, closing it behind him. His footsteps could be heard as he walked down the hallway, and then down the stairs. Each step made a thud until he finally reached the bottom and silence returned.

Not too long after his footsteps disappeared did a new sound emerge in Josiph's head. My father's voice again, but this time he was telling every wolf in the pack that the alpha has asked for a meeting in the alpha room. He told everyone to show up in no more than ten minutes, and that everyone was expected to be there.

Just as Josiph had told his father, he was down at the meeting room in exactly five minutes, and everyone in the pack was already there waiting for him. As quick as possible, Josiph made his way passed everyone to his chair in the front of the room. Derek stood in front of his respected seat, staring out at the crowd and next to him stood both the ex-alpha and ex-Luna. The two of them seemed really comfortable on the stage, and acted as if nothing could ever bother them.

"Hello everyone," Josiph spoke loudly standing in front of his chair. His hands were clasped behind his back as he stared out into the crowd. "Thank you all for coming. As most of you'd probably heard, there have been three werewolves spotted on or territory." As Josiph finished the one sentence, voices began to rang.

It seemed that everyone in the room forgot that the alpha stood in front of them, and instead they talked among themselves about the werewolves being spotted on the territory. Some said that it was an attack, while others believed that someone was just lost, but worst of all, people were saying to kill all three wolves, no questions asked. Josiph tried to ignore those few people, but it was a bit hard when they spoke the loudest.

After several minutes of allowing everyone to talk Josiph began speaking again. "Excuse me!" he said, as he waited. One by one people stopped talking and turned to him. "Now as I was saying, a few members in our pack were the ones who had noticed these intruders and informed my father," I said, stopping only to turn to my father before going on. "And as soon as this meeting is over a couple of our members, and I will be needed to meet these intruders. Anyone can volunteer if they wish to do so, but I won't be needing everyone, so those who don't come will have to stay inside with their families." Josiph stopped to take a deserved deep breath. "If you would like to volunteer you may do so now."