Part 20

"He shut the damn door in our face!" Josiph's wolf roared in his anger. "Does he not know who the hell we are!?" Again it was Josiph's wolf, and he was pissed. ONly seconds before hand did Lucas shut the door in Josiph's face, and now he stood on the porch fuming. He paced back and forth across the porch wondering he should barge into the guest house and rip Lucas a new one, or just let it go.

His wolf told him to teach Lucas a lesson, and to show him who the alpha was. But on the other hand his wolf was also telling him to just let it go, and that he didn't mean it. Finally there was the fact that someone was being kept from Josiph, and he knew it had something to do with that white wolf he seen in the background. What could that even mean?"

Was someone else in the house with them and they were keeping it from him? Or was it something worse? "Maybe he is afraid." It was Josiph's wolf again speaking the background. He seemed to have calmed down a bit and was now just trying to figure things out with his human.

"What would he be afraid of?" Josiph asked in confusion.

"Maybe that you will not accept it."

Josiph shook his head almost like it was some sort of joke. He couldn't figure out why his wolf would say something like that, but then again it wasn't as if he was working with him on much either. The two were pretty much strangers, and Josiph wasn't helping none with that.

"Do you think I should do something?" Josiph asked his wolf.

In reply his wolf said, "Yes. Work with him more. Work through things together, and talk. Figure things out. You need to do that to get his trust."

"And then what?"

"And then maybe he will tell you what is going on. If you can gain his trust then he may just tell you about that white wolf we seen." His wolf said. "We may also learn more about him too and that is always a benefit."

Josiph rolled his eyes at his werewolfs comment, but he couldn't blame him for it. Josiph hung around the guest house for several minutes before finally stepping down the steps and heading to the the alpha house. Along the way there he decided that a good run would help clear his mind, and ran to the east end of the territory.

Josiph ran for several hours through the tree branches, and he even went after a bunny rabbit for the fun of it. However, he did not kill the rabbit and instead allowed the rabbit to live on even after a sure heart attack took place.

"You know you are not suppose to play with your food." Josiph's wolf said with a laugh.

Josiph smiled a wolf smile before speaking back to his wolf, "Whoever said the rabbit was suppose to be food? I wasn't planning on eating it, but I'm not sure about you."

"What's that suppose to mean?" His wolf asked.

"You are the one with the four legs at the moment, and you do have control. I should be telling you not to play with your food."

"Right."

Josiph ran for several hours longer before coming to a stop at the edge of the territory. He transformed back into his human form before taking a seat on a broken log. From his vantage point he was able to see the next pack over in the unmarked territory, and they were still doing their races for the night. At the moment it looked as if the adult males were racing around the territory. Screams could be heard from across the forest as someone passed the finish line indicating that they had won the race, and each second other members passed the line as well.

"Do you think it was the alpha?" Josiph's wolf asked.

"I'm not sure. It's hard to see who won." Josiph told him.

As time passed the sun began rising and soon it was early morning, and yet the racing still kept going and Josiph kept watching.

"Um... Josiph?" Josiph's werewolf said after a few minutes of watching the races take place on the other side.

"What is it?" Josiph asked.

"Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"Its another wolf's scent." His wolf said, "They've been on the territory."

"Where?" Josiph got up quickly before sniffing at the air. Most of the scents came from the pine needles from the trees or the roses close by to where Josiph had been sitting, but there was one small difference to the scent. It was as if whoever had been on the territory had tried to mask the scent with other scents in the forest. And though it was a faint scent it was still noticeable. Well at least to a werewolf it was.

Josiph took a deeper breath making sure to put the smell to memory before sorting out all the scents. This scent was from an adult male no older than Josiph. He was excited for some strange reason, and tried to keep the excitement at bay. It was hard though because he just seemed to want all the attention from everyone.

It took several more minutes before Josiph was able to distinguish this male, and his conclusion was that this male. This male was an Alpha Male. A male who believed that everything should be his, and believed that he should get whatever he wanted no matter what it took. He believed that nothing should change that, and if someone didn't give him what he wanted then he would take them out. Literally.

The worst part of scenting out this man was also scenting out what he was looking for. Josiph growled deep in his throat before turning into his werewolf again and shouting to Derek, "Get to Lucas's house now!" He yelled through the wolf channel.

"Is everything alright?" Derek asked. His voice rang in fear, but he was already running there.

"It is an emergency. Just get there quickly!" Josiph said. He too ran through the woods headed toward Lucas's house.

A few minutes passed before Josiph reached the guest house and found that Derek was already on the porch waiting for him. He was wearing blue faded jeans and a black shirt and he was breathing heavily, "What is the problem?"

"He has been here," Josiph said simply in the direction the smell had come from.

Josiph was able to follow the scent all the way to the front door of the guest house. The scent also lingered on the house itself, and the trees behind.

"Who has been here?"

"Breath in deeply the scents around us. It lingers even here on the porch. Tell me what you are able to smell." Josiph told him.

Derek took a couple of deep breaths as he sorted out the different scents. It took several seconds before he finally only reached one scent and when he did a growl erupted from his throat. "Who the hell is that?" Derek asked in anger.

"That is who is after our young friends in this very house." Josiph replied looking to the front door of the house. Everything was silent in the house and nothing seemed to move. Voices could be heard in the distance even if they could not be understood. "And he has found them."