Part 28

That night Josiph slept in bed with Lucas, not really happened but everything seemed to good again. Josiph had talked to Derek about making a meeting in the next few days to go over everything with the pack, and when Derek nodded Josiph moved to something else. The two talked about Lucian, and the plan with Kiana. Josiph wanted Derek to hit on Kiana at some point in the fight.

"It's just a distraction is all." Josiph told Derek. They were sitting in the living room with the TV on and some news channel talking about werewolf sightings in some other city.

"But it isn't right." Derek replied. "Why would you even think of doing something like that?"

"Because I need to distract him enough to defeat him. His main weakness is Kiana, and I need to use that."

"But don't you think the other wolves he brings with him will do something about it. Lucian isn't that stupid." Derek replied.

"I know this, but I need something to beat him. This is the one thing I know that will." Josiph replied standing up from the couch and walking around the room.

Derek shook his head, "I'm just saying I wouldn't advise doing that."

"You have been flirting with her since she got here and she isn't even your mate, what is wrong with doing it now?" Josiph asked.

"It is wrong, Josiph. You know it is wrong. You are the alpha, and you should fight fairly."

"I'm fighting fairly. I won't be able to help if my pack members have a thing for the young woman." Josiph laughed.

Shaking his head but smiling none the less Derek replied, "In an alpha fight I don't think it will look like that. Someone may say something about it."

Josiph sighed. "I'm really nervous about his fight, Derek. Lucas says nothing is going to happen, but how does he know that?"

"I'm not sure he does know that." Derek replied. "He knows that you are freaking out about this fight with Lucian. The guy is huge, but saying that you have no chance isn't exactly what he wants to hear or know. No one wants to know that."

"Do you think I have a chance?" Josiph asked.

Derek stood up from his chair on the other side of the room and walked over to Josiph placing a hand on his shoulder. "I think you have as much of a chance as any other werewolf does. Just trust Lucas. I don't know what he is planning, but it has to be something."

Josiph sighed, "I know."

~~~~~~~

Later that day Lucas, Kiana and Steve ran over to the cave to find that Hank and Trish were already there holding their daughter. Steve stayed by the mouth of the cave keeping watch while both Kiana and Lucas walked in. Both Trish and Hank had smiles on their faces and were feeding her chunks of meat while showing her old toys she used to love.

One of those toys was an old doll carved out of wood. Natalie had made it as a school project one year and since than she kept it on her dresser. Her parents never moved it and the door to her room stayed locked until they first seen her.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kiana asked entering the cave.

Natalie lifted her head up and smiled.

"Just showing her her old toys is all." Trish smiled. "I wanted to show her that we kept everything of hers and that we were waiting for her to return home."

Kiana smiled, "That's not a bad idea. What was her favorite toy?"

"This doll." Trish replied. "We gave it to her when she was three years old. It was a birthday present and since than she kept it with her." When Natalie growled about what he mother said about the toy everyone laughed. "No one is going to say anything about it Natalie. I was planning on giving it to you so that you had something close to you at night."