Chapter 25

Have i ever mention, how much i hate mornings?
I woke up to loud music and the smell of bacon. That could only mean one thing. Cleaning day. Fucking shit!

I hate cleaning day. This was one of the things i hated about Tuesdays and Thursdays. I mean I despise cleaning to the core but, why couldn't we do this on a saturday. Why so early? Why do i have to suffer? Why- the doorbell ringed.

I ran downstairs, to e kitchen to see dad holding a towel, covered in red spots. Some bigger than others. This isn't polka dotterel and the towel was once white.

Everyone was too busy freaking out to hear the doorbell ring. "Vic was chopping strawberries when the door bell ringed." Belinda said, noticing my confused state. "Would you get the door, while I clean your father's wound?" Belinda said while cleaning some blood off of the counter. Ew. I eat there. I nodded and went to the door.

Im met with a surprise. A heavenly surprise. I am met with grey eyes. Grey clouds..

"Cleaning day?" he questioned, moving his sleeve up a bit. "Huh." I stared at him, blankly. I shook my head. I must have dazed out. "Cleaning day. Tuesday's, Thursday's, and sometimes the weekends we have cleaning days." Ethan titled his head to the side. "Huh." What else would you say if a handsome man was in front of you?

Ethan chuckled and said, "The day we clean for a whole entire day. Loud music is usually blared by your parents and they are most likely in the kitchen cooking." I blinked my eyes rapidly. "Oh yeah! Yes it's cleaning day, where we urrm...clean...and the music...food." Way to embarrass yourself Haley.

Come on Haley, think of something. Talk about the weather...Nah, too lame. Why is he here?

"Oh, i'm here because I wanted to ask if you needed a ride to school today." i smiled and looked down at my clothes. "I said that out loud." I'm pretty sure I'm blushing right now. "Uh, yeah." He laughed and scratched the back of his head.
"Um let me go change." I ran upstairs and halfway down, I forgot someone. "You can wait in the living room." Laughing, he nodded, and flashed me a bright smile which I returned before running up the stairs again.

I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and has my clothes on, which was one of dad's old shirts, a black skirt and black tights. I out on my black vans and put on red lipstick.

I grabbed my coat and ran back downstairs. I hear dad and Ethan talking in the living room. I walked passed them to the kitchen and grabbed a piece of bacon.
"Hey Haley, are you ready?" Ethan asked from the hall. I grabbed my backpack and gave dad a quick kiss and hug.

"Have fun at school, don't- I got you." I cut him off. He chuckled and shut the door.

"Well that was fun." Ethan said while opening my door for me. I thanked him and got inside. From my view, I could see dad, uncle mike, and Belinda through the window. I shook my head. Glancing at Ethan I decided to do a sneak peak.

He was wearing a black muscle shirt, black skinny jeans, and the same pair of black vans as I. Unfortunately, he caught me checking him out and winked at me. My face was of course crimson.

You're killing me smalls.

----

Today in Mrs. Jennings' class, we had to partner up and paint a mural and guess who's with me? Mr. Grey ey- I mean Ethan.

While we were sketching out the parts of the mural, we decided in learning more about each other. I learned that he hated sports but loved soccer..his words not mine. He loved the color blue, just like me. He hates reading..I think that's probably our first argument. In the end, he ended up tickling me and getting us both in trouble. She left us off with a warning, which is pretty funny if you asked me.

Moreover, we were now at lunch, figuring out wharelse to sketch. We had to fill out the whole poster and let me tell you, this poster was huge. It probably filled up half of my bed room back in San Diego. And let me tell you, my room is huge.

By the time lunch was over, I decided to go home. After all, I didn't have any afternoon classes today, well the rest of the week. Our teacher was sick with the flu and wouldn't be back until she was able to stand up and have a proper discussion without puking on ,someone's face or clothes. Poor David.

Walking into my now cleaned house, I walked to the kitchen to see dad and Belinda talking.

"Aren't you supposed to be sick?" I asked Belinda while grabbing an apple.
"Yes, but- No buts go upstairs. I'll bring your medicine." She pouted and screamed in a groggy voice, "No please! Not those death pills!" Yup everyone she had to take steroids. Something was yes indeed, wrong with her breathing. (Tbh I'm going through this at the moment. I had to take them because I was having Lung problems. Steroids suck. It hurts really bad and I hope no one has to go through this.)

"Fine, eat and then take the pills." I grabbed a bowl and handed it to Dad. He used to bug spoon to put the soup into the bowl. I thanked him and went to Belinda's room.

I opened the door to see her laying down. Handing her the bowl of stew, I made myself comfortable on her bed. After a bit of silence, Belinda looked up from her stew and asked, "So what happened today at school?" She could barely talk. It didn't help that she had a sore throat as well. "Well, me and Ethan aregoingonadatethisfriday." I said really fast, but of course Belinda understood.

"He asked you out on a date this Friday!" She tried to scream but her voice gave up on her. I nodded and shushed her. Silence filled the room. But Belinda yet again, decided to break it. "So what did you say?" She beamed. "What do you think I said?" I chuckled. Belinda smiled and pushed me off of her bed.

Laughing, I went to my room and watched reruns of supernatural.

I didn't know it was late until I checked my phone. 2:56 I sighed and changed to one of dad's shirts and my basketball shorts.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.