Chapter 23

So this is Ethan and Haley, Yadda Yadda Yadda, Carry on.

-----

"So saw someone talking to Ethan. Ooh, get some!" Belinda said while taking a bite of her subway sandwich. "Well..." I took a bite of my apple. "So you are?!"She squealed.
"You are what?" We froze. Belinda dropped her sandwich and stared at the person behind me. I already knew who it was by his voice.

"Hello Ethan." I took a bite of my sandwich. "Hello, Love." He sat right next to me. His voice was throwing me off and I just had to ask. "Are you British?" Me and Belinda said at the same time. "Yes and no." He shrugged. "What do you mean 'yes or no'?" We replied. He sighed and said- well screamed, "Will you two stop that?" Belinda covered her mouth to muffle her laugh. Ethan turned his head at her direction. She quickly stopped laughing and resumed eating her food. "Well mum mum is British and my father is American." I nodded and took a sip of my coke.

"So what about you?" I looked up at Ethan. "What about me?" He raised his brows. "I mean c'mon, no one else can have that good of a tan." "You don't know that. I could have gone out to the sun or gotten a tan." Him and Belinda looked at each other than back me. "Me, you, and Belinda all know you're lying." I nodded, defeated.

"Fine, I'm Hispanic and white, happy?" I chugged the rest of my coke. "How hard was it just to say that?" I glared at him. "Because my mom. I looked like her, talk like her, I have her ways, I can't go anywhere without someone saying, 'you look just like you're mother.' Damn I just want to be like Beyoncé but is that ever gonna happen? Hell no."

"Haley, it's okay to you look like your mom, if anything, you look more like your father." Belinda said while grabbing my hand. "Yeah, I mean why would you want to look like a woman." Me and Belinda popped him in the back of his head.

"What, I'm just saying you look beautiful just the way you are. Don't change anything about yourself. If you look like your mother, then you look like her. I'm sure your mother is pretty and your father was quite the ladies man- rephrase that he's still the ladies man.." Me and Belinda looked at him. I was probably giving him the 'bruh-you-checking-out-my-father' look.

"Anyways, your parents came together and formed a beautiful girl, such as yourself." I giggled. "You've said that already." He smiled. "I know, and I'll say it a million times, until you believe it yourself. Even then I won't stop." A tear escaped. Fucking shit.

You just met him like what, five hours ago and you're already getting emotional by him.

"Aw, please don't cry, you are beautiful. Don't forget that." I smiled and hugged him. He chuckled and hugged me harder.

Am I hooked yet?