Chapter 22- Goodbye

1 month later...

Queen Helena was given the death penalty and was killed a few days ago. Marco was upset about it, but would you be upset that your caregiver was dead. Marco didn't care if he ever found his birth parents. I would miss him. He and Jacob had to leave today. I ran out into my street. I hugged Marco. He kissed the top of my head. "I love you Jessica" he said. "I love you too" I said. We kissed. Samantha said goodbye to Jacob and kissed him. She and Marco took a step back so I could say goodbye to Jacob.

I hugged him. "I don't want you to go" I said crying into his shirt. "I don't want to go either" Jacob said. "I promise, I'll be back" "You better" I said wiping away my tears. We hugged again. My parents ran outside and hugged my brother. We were all going to miss him.

I hugged Marco. "Be my girlfriend" he whispered into my ear. "Really" I whispered. He nodded. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend" I said. We kissed. Jacob's wings reappeared and he flew into the air until he was out of sight. Marco walked off. He looked over his shoulder at me and walked off. That was when the tears fell. Samantha hugged me and let me cry into her shoulder. I missed my guardian angel.