Chapter 4- Escape

Samantha woke up. "What happened" she said. "You were possessed or something" I said looking to Jacob. He was staring at Samantha. "Yeah, you were possessed" he said. "How in the did that happen?" Samantha asked. I looked to Jacob for the answer. He remained silent. "Are you going to answer or not" she asked. "How can you see me?" Jacob asked. Samantha and I looked at him confused. He shook his head. "Forget I said that" he said as we helped Samantha to her feet. "Now what do we do?" Samantha asked as the last bell rang. Students began to file into the hallway. We ducked into a corner to get out of the way of the oncoming students. "Where in the hell have you been?" Samantha's sister, Breanna asked. Jacob took a hesitant step towards her. Samantha pushed him back. "She isn't a demon, she's just naturally pissed off" Samantha said. "I was looking for Jess, I was worried about her. Sorry for being a good friend" "Sorry sis, see you at home" Breanna said walking off. Emily flirtatiously waved to Jacob. "Who are you by the way?" Emily asked. "I'm Jacob" Jacob said. We waited until the rest of the students filed out. We got on the bus last and went home.

Back home, I ran inside. I quickly packed a bag. "What are you doing?" Jacob asked. "Since demons want to kidnap me and quite possibly kill me. We need to leave" I said. "Jess, the demons will follow you wherever we go. There's no point in running" Jacob said. "Will demons attack the happiest place on earth?" I asked hoping he'd give into my plan. "Unfortunately, they will" he said. I sighed in frustration. "You're too much like Dad" I muttered. "At least I don't back out on promises or make excuses for everything I do or do anything else irritating he does" Jacob said. "But you have his temper" I said. Jacob pondered on the thought. "I can agree with you there" he said. "Fine then, if we don't run away. I guess I just have to tell Mom..." I said slowly picking up my phone. "Fine" Jacob said. "Where do you want to go?" I thought for a moment. "I was thinking around the Georgia/Florida area" I suggested. "No we are not going to Disney World and we are not going to crash the Captain America 3 set" Jacob said. I fake pouted. "We just need to get out of state and I don't care where we go" I said. "Ok who's going to drive us?" he asked. I knew the perfect person.

I knocked on Samantha's door. Breanna answered. "Sam, it's Jessica" Breanna yelled. Samantha ran to the door. "What is it?" she asked. "Do you still have your permit?" I asked. She nodded. "Can you get us across state line?" I asked. "I can't drive without a lisenced driver" she said. We both shot her a look. She relucantly agreed. "Let me get my stuff" Samantha said. This was going to be a hell of a journey.