Chapter 2- My Guardian Angel

I began to fall asleep when there was a knock at my door. I groaned and got up. I armed myself with a mechanical pencil and looked through the peephole in the door. I just to be sure if it wasn't a murderer. I was wrong it was a boy about my age. "I'm not a murderer ok" the boy said. "That's exactly what a murderer would say" I said sassily to the boy behind the closed door. I heard the boy sigh. "Just open the goddamn door" the boy said back. I hesitantly opened the door. "Drop the pencil, Jessie" the boy taunted. He was taller than me. His deep blue eyes matched mine. His facial features were similar to me but more masculine and had a mess of brown hair on top of his head. Surprisingly, I got no creepy vibes from him. I then felt the need to question him. "Who are you? How do you know my name?" I asked. "You wouldn't believe me on either of those two questions" he said staring down at me. "And why is that?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest. "You just won't" he said. "Try me" I said. "Hi I'm Jacob" Jacob said. "Good to know. How do you know me?" I asked. "I'm your brother" Jacob said. I just laughed. "Nice try 'Jacob' but my brother has been dead for 16 years" I said opening my door to let him out of my house. "That's true. I have but before you freak out, I was sent here" Jacob said. "By who, Jesus" I scoffed. "Actually yes, and don't act like you aren't a christian missy" Jacob said. I sighed. "You don't even have any wings" I pointed out. "They get taken off when you're on Earth so you don't stick out like a sore thumb" he said. "Sounds painful" I said. "I don't even feel it" Jacob said. I sighed. I decided to try and believe him. "Ok so why are you here broski" I said. "I'm your guardian angel" he said. That was it, this guy was crazy. I began to push him out of my door. I then heard the garage door open. My parents were home. I pulled him into my room and closed the door. I made him turn around as I quickly put on a pair of pj's. I told him to turn around. "Jess" my step-dad yelled. I made him hide. My step-dad entered my room. "What's going on?" he asked. "Nothing" I said a bit too quickly. He gave me the look. He knew something was up. "I'm just really tired" I said. I even threw in a yawn to cover my tracks. "Ok then" he said kissing me goodnight. I heard my parent's footsteps fade down to there room. I heard a door open and close. "The coast is clear" I said to Jacob as he climbed out from under my bed. "You have too many shoes" Jacob said referring to the fact that I kept every single shoe I owned under my bed. I shushed him. "Ok you have to stay the night, but don't you dare try anything" I said to him. "Ew. I wouldn't dream of it. You're my sister, that's gross" Jacob said making a bed of blankets on my floor. I rolled my eyes and got into my bed. "Oh and by the way, my floor is super uncomfortable" I said. "I've noticed" he said. I heard a few grunts of pain. I finally closed my eyes hoping this day to be a crazy warped dream.