Chapter 13

Piper's POV

"Emily!" I rushed over to my friend. When I saw her leg, I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Um, guys?" I called.

The others hopped off the pegasi and joined me by Emily.

"Oh. That's not good." Leo said.

"No kidding!" I shouted.

"Could we, like, stick it back in the right place?" Hazel said.

I moved over to her leg, and Annabeth did the same. We slowly attempted to push, first her ankle, back into the right position. Emily didn't stir. Once that was moved with a gruesome click, we moved on to her leg. Frank handed us some bandages and we wrapped them around the bleeding part. We then pushed the leg quickly into the right place.

Emily sat up with a jolt and a shout.

"Sorry!" I called.

She looked down at her leg. "Thank you."

"No problem."

"Ugh, I'm sorry. That was so dumb."

"It wasn't your fault," I reassured her. She didn't respond, because she was busy throwing up on the sidewalk next to her.

Blackjack whinnied, and Emily gave a reluctant nod. "I guess," she told the horse.

"Are you okay, sis?" Percy said to Emily. She nodded and tried to stand. She winced as she managed to struggle to her feet, and when she took a step, she crumpled. Percy and I both caught her.

"Let's get you on Blackjack," I suggested.

"Good call, Pipes," Percy said as he lifted her up easily and walked over to Blackjack.

"Thanks," Emily said quietly, as we helped her on. We all mounted again, and the pegasi took off, flying considerably lower and much closer together. I could reach out to stroke Blackjack's mane from atop Porkpie if I wished, we were so close.

Emily pulled out her phone. "Hey, it's probably a good idea if I monster-proof that first," Leo said. Emily gave him a strange look.

"You did it the other day, remember?"

Leo looked utterly confused, but said, "Yeah, I did. Sorry, I forgot." He looked down and began muttering to himself.

"What you doing on there, anyway?" I asked Emily.

"I thought I might like to show you guys something. Ever heard of Tumblr? Or Instagram?"

"What the heck is a tumbler? Or instant gram?"
Frank asked. Emily laughed.

"Social media. You guys blow up on them! Do you realise how popular you are? Here." She handed the phone to Annabeth, who flicked the screen a couple times, reading intently.

"Wow."

"Yeah, those are my headcanons. I've made some edits, too," Emily pointed to a place on the screen which Annabeth tapped, "and even a fanfiction. You guys can get these on your own phones. You'd be super famous! And it'd be so cool!"

"What's a headcanon?" Leo asked, once we had all read them from Emily's phone.

"It means a piece of writing, like a small fanfiction, written by the fans, unapproved of the author." Emily told us.

"Wait, what? You wrote this? This is great," Piper exclaimed.

"I want myself one of these accounts," Leo said, pointing at the screen.

"I'm sure the whole world would love if you did," Emily laughed. "But you'd have to make sure to follow me."

"But of course," he smirked.