Chapter 3

"But you aren't twins?" the first one asked. I shook my head. "How does that work? When did you get here? What-"

"Shut up, Connor," the one who must have been Travis said, elbowing his brother. I chuckled.

Suddenly two people rushed over to us, who I recognised as Jason and Piper. Connor and Travis went back to their seats at the campfire as the two started talking to me and Annabeth.

It was much the same thing. Jason and Piper asked similar things to the Stoll brothers. After they had left, Hazel came over to us. Then the rest of the seven, all saying the same stuff.

"Who are you?"

"You're a daughter of Poseidon?"

As excited as I was to see all my favourite characters as real people, I grew bored. This was stupid, and I wanted to go home, and-

Suddenly I saw something. I had no idea what. It was as though an image had just appeared in my head. I was going back home. I was standing on the hill at the edge of camp, with everyone around me, and I fell backwards and faded into mist-

Suddenly, I felt my knees seem to give way, and I slumped, falling against Leo, I think, as I lapsed into unconsciousness.

I woke up in the infirmary. Will Solace, from the Apollo cabin, and Nico Di Angelo, son of the dead were the only two there apart from me. Again, it was exciting to see them, but I was so groggy and confused I could barely comprehend it.

"She's awake." Nico said to Will, who had his back turned and was leaning over a desk. Nico sat on a chair in the corner, looking bored. Will turned and came over to me.

"You alright?"

"I think."

Suddenly, the door was thrown open, and who I thought was Clarisse burst in, carrying a girl who seemed like she was trying to get out of Clarisse's grip. She was screaming nonsense, and she was crying. I didn't recognise her.

Will ran over to them, and helped Clarisse lay her down on a bed. She struggled to sit up, like she wanted to be anywhere else but here. Her words slowly started to make sense as she continued to scream.

"I have to! I have to help them! My father! My brothers! Help! Help them!" She was screaming at the top of her lungs.

"What happened?" Will asked Clarisse.

"I don't know!" Clarisse exclaimed, exasperated. "She just started, screaming, and crying, and saying her family was in danger, that they were going to be killed. She started to run towards the camp's border, and it took three of us to get her under control."

"What the Hades?" Will muttered.

"I think I know how it happened," Clarisse said.

"You do?"

The girl had stopped screaming, and was sobbing. She gripped Clarisse's arm, her fingernails digging in so hard that Clarisse winced.

"My immortal brothers, Phobos and Deimos."

"Crap. Do you know where they are?" Clarisse shook her head. I slowly got to my feet.

"You mean, the minor gods of Fear and Terror?" I interrupted.

"How do you know that? You're a newbie, right?" Clarisse scoffed.

"I've read The Demigod Files," I muttered.

"What?"

"Never mind. I just do. You and Percy beat them once before. You can do it again, right? No problem."

"I don't know where they are. They're stronger than last time. And they're attacking people at camp without even being here. How are we supposed to defeat that?" she scowled.

"You're demigods. That's kinda your job, right?There's got to be some way. We can't exactly leave them to get away with doing this to people!" I motioned to the girl on the bed. "She's practically gone insane!"

"She'll get better," Clarisse growled.

"And if she doesn't? She's trying to leave, to save her family, who aren't in danger. If too many people get like this, some will escape and get themselves killed!"

"What do you suggest we do then?"

"We have to find Phobos and Deimos, don't we? Get a quest."

"Listen, newbie, you can't just get a quest-"

"You watch me," I said calmly, before leaving to find Chiron.