Chapter 1

I woke suddenly, my head pounding. I sat up, and looked around. I was lying on the grass, in..where? Where was I?

Oh. No. No no no no.

This wasn't right. This wasn't possible. This wasn't-

"Are you okay? What's your name?" A girl appeared above me. She had curly blonde hair and grey eyes, and I knew exactly who she was.

"Annabeth," I whispered.

"That's my name. How did you know my name? What's yours?" she asked somewhat aggressively, confused.

"Oh, um. I'm Emily. I shouldn't be here. I don't belong here."

"What do you mean? You're a demigod. If you're in here, it means you're supposed to be in here."

"But I'm not! I'm just a mortal!"

"How do you know so much?" Annabeth asked quietly, thinking hard. "You say you're just a mortal, but that isn't possible."

"I am a mortal," I insisted.

"Listen, I'll take you to Chiron. He'll explain where you are and everything. It's pretty complicated."

"Oh, I know where I am. Camp Half-Blood. I know who you are, who Percy Jackson is, who Chiron is, everything. I just don't know how I got here. Well, I do. It's just not possible."

"You know Percy?" she questioned, surprised.

"Of course."

"How do you know all this?"

"Well I was reading the Percy Jackson books."

"Books?"

"Yeah. There's like a whole fourteen books total."

"Percy has a book series? What the Hades?"

We said all this whilst we were walking, and we soon arrived at the Big House. Chiron was just outside, sitting on the porch in his wheelchair, and Annabeth caught up with him.

"Chiron! A new camper here. Her name's Emily. But- No. Let her tell you herself."

"Hello, Chiron. Listen, so I know all about this place, and who everyone is because-" I paused. I would sound ridiculous.

"Because?" Chiron promoted.

"Well, I was reading this book and I fell asleep, and dreamed that I sank through the pages and I woke up here. I just don't see how it's possible. I might be dreaming. Am I dreaming?"

"No, you aren't dreaming, and it's all very possible," Dionysus interrupted, appearing out of the Big House.

"How?"

"You are from a different dimensional plane or something, I forget the details. Your case is odd, and very very rare, but possible. In this life you are a demigod. You may stay here as long as you like, but when you return to your world, only one night has passed."

"Brilliant." I said sarcastically. "Only how do I get out?"

"I don't know." Mr D waved his hand in dismissal. "But wouldn't you want to be staying here? It's a great lot of fun, I promise." He chuckled.

"Yeah, didn't you read those books?" Annabeth asked. "It's a hard, but rewarding life," she grinned.

"What books?" Mr D asked sharply. He paused for a second, before a look of realisation came across his face. He sounded annoyed when he said, "Oh, was it that darn Riordan scribe! I told him not to release those interviews with the Jackson boy..." he muttered.

"So," Annabeth said, changing the subject. "Chiron, would Emily have an Olympian parent?"

"Yes, I believe she would," Chiron answered.

"Ah, yes," Mr D said. "She would. Very complicated, but somehow, yes. In fact, I know just who they are."

"You do?" I asked.

"Yep. Want to know who?"