Chapter 2

Dionysus opened his mouth to tell me my godly parent, when he was interrupted as Percy Jackson walked over.

"Hey Annabeth. Who's this?" Percy said, draping his arm around Annabeth's shoulders. I couldn't help but stare. I was looking at the Percy Jackson. Wow.

"Emily Jackson," Mr D said to me. "You are a daughter of Poseidon."

"Woah, what?" I said, shocked.

"No only that, but you a child of Poseidon and Sally Jackson."

"Wait, what?" Percy and I said at the same time.

"She's my sister?" Percy said, shocked.

"How does that even make sense?" I asked.

This was ridiculous. I didn't even belong here. I couldn't be first of all a daughter of the big three, but also Percy Jackson's actual sister? Nope.

"But I can't be."

"But you are."

"How can a God have two children with the same mortal? Who aren't twins?" I added, thinking of Connor and Travis Stoll.

"Poseidon attempted to stay with your mother for as long as he could." Chiron said. "He went to visit her often, until Zeus found out he was breaking the oath and stopped him."

"That's insane. I'm not even a demigod!" I argued.

"Yes, you are."

"I want to go home," I said bluntly, crossing my arms.

"What is even going on?" Percy asked.

"Zeus knows," Annabeth shrugged.

"You have, a certain gift. You can travel, between 'fictional' worlds. You just need to learn how." Chiron said.

This was all so confusing.

"I need to go, um, take a walk or something. Think about this crap."

"I'll show you round camp," Annabeth offered.

"Sure." I said, sounding tired.

"So you really don't want to be here?" she asked me as we walked through the strawberry fields.

"I guess I am pretty excited. But I don't want to stay here forever. I want to go home."

"You'll be fine here. You'll get demigod training and as long as you're in camp you're safe from monsters. You'll be fine. And I'll help you get back. And then, you'll know how to go between worlds or whatever it was that Chiron said. You'll be able to control it, and you can visit!"

"Okay. If you say so."

"Come on, we'll fix this. For now, let's go introduce you to some of the campers."

We got to the arena, where most of the campers were. Suddenly, everyone was staring at me and pointing.

"Is this how everyone reacts to new campers?" I say uneasily to Annabeth. She's staring at me as well. "What?"

"That a new one?" someone called.

"And she's a daughter of Poseidon!"

"Woah!"

I realised they were all looking and pointing just above my head, so I looked up to see what it was. A green, glowing trident above my head was fading, but I still caught a glimpse of it.

I had been claimed.

Two boys ran towards Annabeth and me. I recognised them as Connor and Travis.

"Who are you?" one of them asked me.

"I'm Emily. Emily-" I paused for a moment. "Jackson."

The Stoll brothers stared. "Jackson as in, Percy?" the other questioned. I nodded.

"Apparently."